Anxiety

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
My bathtub and I are good friends, maybe you need to become acquainted with yours :p
Lol I don't think I'll be feeding a T in the bathtub. Transfers maybe, but waaay to many chemicals go into cleaning the bathroom, makes me a bit uneasy.

-JohnD.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Lol I don't think I'll be feeding a T in the bathtub. Transfers maybe, but waaay to many chemicals go into cleaning the bathroom, makes me a bit uneasy.

-JohnD.
I was an advocate of the bathtub method, but after trying a plastic tub in my living room earlier this evening, I believe I'm a convert. It's far more convenient, and it's marginally easier on the knees kneeling on carpet.

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
I was an advocate of the bathtub method, but after trying a plastic tub in my living room earlier this evening, I believe I'm a convert. It's far more convenient, and it's marginally easier on the knees kneeling on carpet.
+1
Exactly what I usually do for transfers. But there are always the one's going mach 5 that run out of the tub as well as the enclosure before a signal to your brain tells you what the hell just happened.

Edit: or the one T that decides to make the great escape when you open the lid to grab a bolus.

-JohnD.

Last edited:

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I suffer from PTSD, Elliot, and I have also found the T's I keep to be very therapeutic. I think it's the combination of having to concentrate on what you're doing (especially when feeding/rehousing), and also the satisfaction of watching a living thing grow under your care, knowing too that they will probably live a fair bit of time longer than they might have in the wild. It's probably why I like spending time in my flower gardens in the summer. :)

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
I suffer from anxiety, ADHD and depression. I find losing myself in my animals and being underwater clear my mind the best. But yes taking care of other living things helps me take care of myself.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I suffer from anxiety as well, except for me they've both helped and worsened things. On the one hand, each one has been mentally cataloged and added to the list of things I constantly find reasons to worry about and go out of my way to ensure the safety of-- against even the silliest and unlikeliest of scenarios. Like avoiding cats and dogs I don't know on the off chance a flea medication treated hair will drift onto me and then find its way into someone's enclosure (or the fact that I grill friends and acquaintances about flea medication before stepping anywhere near their pet...or in their dwelling). BUT on the other, they do a very good job of highlighting the absurdity of it all, which has helped me take a step back and think before devolving into full blown panic over seemingly silly things.

Drache

Arachnosquire
My animals are the greatest stabilizing force in my life - they calm me down when I feel anxious and crazed, and on days when I am unwilling to function for anything else, they will get me up and moving, and then I can go on with life.

awiec

Arachnoprince

-JohnD.
I use a natural cleaner (vinegar and oranges) and on the occasion that my mother does use chemicals on the tub I will take a very steamy shower and allow the tub to air out for a week. Never had any issues but the way my tub is makes it more convenient for me to use instead of a large plastic tub. I do all my feedings in my room because I pick certain times to feed them, of course if they are more active than usual then I pick a different time to feed them.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sooooooooo much! When I have anxiety I watch my Ts in their cages and all is right again... <3

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 08:33 PM ----------

However when they move really fast when the enclosure is open I get this horrible fear like on a roller coaster but horrible, not fun... So it can be good and bad I guess

Still love em

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 08:37 PM ----------

My animals are the greatest stabilizing force in my life - they calm me down when I feel anxious and crazed, and on days when I am unwilling to function for anything else, they will get me up and moving, and then I can go on with life.
Indeed. .