Any New Additions?

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
That‘s gorgeous 😍😍😍 what size is that? I’ve been considering one but I’m not a fan of Brachypelmas (I have a female Harmorii, Bohemi and an unsexed Smithi). My Brachys are too docile for me and have a poor feeding response.
My brachys behave like OBTs lol. I have one (my Emelia) that has any chill lol

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Harpactira marksi female IMG_8372.jpeg

Androctonus australis*
IMG_8373.jpeg
Also received a couple of other scorpions, but they hid before I could get pictures. 2x Nebo whitei, Hottentotta Hottentotta female sub adult, Heterometrus longimanus juvie, Centuroides margaritatus, and Hottentotta franzwerneri

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
That‘s gorgeous 😍😍😍 what size is that? I’ve been considering one but I’m not a fan of Brachypelmas (I have a female Harmorii, Bohemi and an unsexed Smithi). My Brachys are too docile for me and have a poor feeding response.
Skittish major hair kickers , lost my last one to a phorid fly invasion. Hopefully I can buy more someday .

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Wait till your smithi gets bigger they get very moody , my 3 smithi juvenile are chill but my 5 inch male is a nightmare kills everything in his viv constantly trying to escape, and kicks like he is doing the cancan . He used to be sweet when I first got him as a juvenile, so chill but it doesn't last. Once my Andrew hit 4 inch he decided he hates everything 🤷🏻‍♀️

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Wait till your smithi gets bigger they get very moody , my 3 smithi juvenile are chill but my 5 inch male is a nightmare kills everything in his viv constantly trying to escape, and kicks like he is doing the cancan . He used to be sweet when I first got him as a juvenile, so chill but it doesn't last. Once my Andrew hit 4 inch he decided he hates everything 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sounds like a teenager

Scoot

Arachnopeon

She's around 11cm / 4.3in. I can't speak about feeding responses for others but both my Brachypelma species - albiceps and, thus far, this emilia - have strong feeding responses.

My albiceps did have several months fasting last year though, after I got a bit trigger-happy with feeding! :rofl:

As a side note - I've been feeding mine locusts for a few months now, which seems to engender a more excited feeding response than crickets did.

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
Speaking of b. smithi, actually got a young AF this week (tired of waiting for my juvie its been by far my slowest growing spider haha). Poor thing has one of the baldest behinds I've seen on a tarantula in the flesh (seriously, pic doesn't do it justice, it looks like she's dragging a big pale orb behind her the whole time...) not sure if she had a rough time during shipping or what but wow, I had a v. chromatus a couple of years back that was the only T I've seen that was as bad as her... still a beauty tho.

image_67235329 (2).JPG

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I am beyond elated to introduce these two:

My second most desired Aphonopelma, A burica
PXL_20240511_161619426.jpg

Lampropelma carpenteri (some feet poking out on the left side of the burrow)
PXL_20240511_154951493.jpg
PXL_20240511_213228763.jpg

I have a 2 hour drive home to think of U and V names. 🤣

Last edited:

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
I'm so beyond excited!! Took a road trip myself and got a G rosea NCF ex porteri(?)

Yall... look how beautiful!! @fcat she was still available! Yay! I thought she sold, but I was able to grab her up.
1000007294.jpg

The enclosure she came in is massive!!! I'll put her in a 12x12x12 right away as I have no space for this monster. Hopefully she doesn't disapprove of the downsizing 🤣
1000007295.jpg

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I'm so beyond excited!! Took a road trip myself and got a G rosea NCF ex porteri(?)

Yall... look how beautiful!! @fcat she was still available! Yay! I thought she sold, but I was able to grab her up.
View attachment 473126

The enclosure she came in is massive!!! I'll put her in a 12x12x12 right away as I have no space for this monster. Hopefully she doesn't disapprove of the downsizing 🤣
View attachment 473127
Oh she is STUNNING!!! I guess it was just meant to be 😍

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire

View attachment 473126

View attachment 473127
That enclosure IS massive, she looks gorgeous :cool:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

View attachment 473126

View attachment 473127
Wow that’s probably a $250+ spider these days as rare as they are . Nice find ! Plus huge cage .

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
That enclosure IS massive, she looks gorgeous :cool:
Yes! Now if I ever want a stirmi or blondi, I'll have an enclosure on stand by 🤣

Wow that’s probably a $250+ spider these days as rare as they are . Nice find ! Plus huge cage .
Thank you! They definitely had no idea what a rare spider they had! She was just a family pet till they got bored of her.

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
I
Yes! Now if I ever want a stirmi or blondi, I'll have an enclosure on stand by 🤣

Thank you! They definitely had no idea what a rare spider they had! She was just a family pet till they got bored of her.
I’d recommend my P Antious over a Theraphosa spp. I love my Pampho Antious, Vitalius Chromatus, A Genic and my baby LP. But it looks like you just got an awesome one :cool: I might be getting some new ones soon!

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
I

I’d recommend my P Antious over a Theraphosa spp. I love my Pampho Antious, Vitalius Chromatus, A Genic and my baby LP. But it looks like you just got an awesome one :cool: I might be getting some new ones soon!
I'd honestly much rather a LP over a Theraphosa. I have a Pamphobeteus magna in a sizeable enclosure already. Maybe she'll grow into this one 😵💫

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Speaking of b. smithi, actually got a young AF this week (tired of waiting for my juvie its been by far my slowest growing spider haha). Poor thing has one of the baldest behinds I've seen on a tarantula in the flesh (seriously, pic doesn't do it justice, it looks like she's dragging a big pale orb behind her the whole time...) not sure if she had a rough time during shipping or what but wow, I had a v. chromatus a couple of years back that was the only T I've seen that was as bad as her... still a beauty tho.

View attachment 473065
Probably just moody like every other smithi 🤣 I reckon her butt will look like that about a month post moult, even my SO with 35+ years experience can't keep hair on a smithi 😆

I hope you called her Egglantine btw her booty really does look like a boiled egg with a fur scarf 🤣