Any tarantula lovers here in the bay??

FatMommaT

Arachnopeon
Is there still the annual one in San Jose? I'm so late here and also in the Silicon Valley and they haven't updated their website yet :/

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is there still the annual one in San Jose? I'm so late here and also in the Silicon Valley and they haven't updated their website yet :/
I'm pretty sure they did one this year. I've been to the one at sf cow palace, Lodi, and Sacramento.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nothing like driving 2/3's the length of the Western coast for a 1-2 day con. Not including the crappy traffic.

There is something about SF that has made it very anti-exotic animals. There's tons in the SoCal area, granted more people, but there's a large critical mass in SF to support exotics yet there's nothing. Clearly no redeeming qualities in that area.
I LOOOOOVE that you live here now!! Haha that's what you get!:cigar::D

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
There's SCABIES but it's a SoCal based group; it's also not particularly active except the FB group. I know there are tons of people out here though.

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
I find it great Mrs Haas that you have reached out in positive way to call out or meet with other tarantula enthusiast in your area. I am in the Southern CA area, but have many friends in Northern CA that I continue to deal with in regards to tarantulas. If you ever make the trip down or I up we will have to get in touch. Until then I take great pleasure in seeing your love for tarantulas and the hobby. Continue to seek out positive people with a passion for the hobby ......I will see if my friends would like to take the lollipop game up north again (they had a great time with it ;)) as I don't make the trip to North CA shows, but I will see them at the Pamona show in 2 weeks and ask :D

So CA shows for all to research now, but I post them a few weeks prior to almost every show in arachnofuncion:

Reptile Super Show @ San Diego, Reptile Super Show @ Pamona. Repticon @ Costa Mesa, Repticon @ Americas Family Pet expo Costa Mesa. Cal Poly Bug Fair @ CA Poly. La Bug Fair @ LA Natural History Museum. Anual Riverside Bug Fair @ Riverside. narbc @ anaheim.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As I continue to mention there is nothing redeeming when it comes to NorCal and exotic pet shows..NOTHING!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't seem recall you leaving the Sacramento show empty handed;);)
1 show, that's it 1 show per year! PFFFFT. Pomona rocks, Anaheim NARBC, Costa Mesa, and the Bug show..like I said, nothing redeeming! That's 4 in a year at least. ALSO, when you have Aug or Sept show, bam, Pomona happens shortly after Jan 1, you can't beat that in the state of CA.