Asian Forest Scorpion Not Eating/Moving

Wormie

Arachnopeon
I bought my AFS in December of 2023 and she hasn't been eating. I keep her in my office at work so the only time that I've seen her move around is when I come into work in the mornings. I know they're nocturnal but as of lately, there is no sign that she's been moving around at all. When I come in in the mornings, she's always in the same spot. It's been this way for the last month. I know she's alive because when I spray the enclosure in the morning, she moves around. I considered pre-molt but it's been a long time and nothing has happened and she isn't eating. When I bought her, they said she was young and that she was eating at least once a week and now she's not eating at all. I'm worried that maybe it's her enclosure since the substrate is a little dry but just in case it is pre-molt, I don't want to move things around and stress her out more. I've even tried different kinds of foods (roaches, crickets, and now mealworms) and she just isn't interested. My office does get a little cold (around 60-70 depending on the temp outside) so I got a heating pad and have it stuck to the upper part of her enclosure for the days when it dips below 70 so maybe the temperature is off? The pet store employee said as long as it's kept around 70 degrees that it should be fine so I wasn't worried about buying a thermometer. Also, I considered that there might be too many decorations in her enclosure but I just wanted to make sure she had plenty of places to hide. I even considered getting a bigger tank but again, if she's in pre-molt, I didn't want to move her around. She's in a 10-gallon tank. There's also about 3 inches of substrate on the bottom so she has enough space to burrow if she wants but she seems to only want to stay tucked in a tight space between the piece of slate and the glass. Also, my last little tidbit, I'm not sure if she's male or female (not sure if the sex matters). The pet store didn't seem to know either so I just assumed female for the sake of naming purposes.

Sorry if this is a lot of unnecessary info. Maybe I'm overreacting and she's just in pre-molt but any advice/helpful criticism on the enclosure would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Temps should be 75F-85F all year round.

Keep the substrate 100% moist but not swampy or damp. Slowly pour water into the substrate until it turns completely dark brown. If you grab a fistful of substrate and squeeze it and water literally streams out you have used far too much water. But if you squeeze it and only several drops of water, or better yet only a few drops or no drops at all water pour out than you have a properly moistened the substrate.

And be sure to keep the waterdish always full.