Aussie T's

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Hi Kyle,
Sweet!! Have you posted this info at Gethin's site?? I'm logging the breeding this year there, it would be could if we could all do that (Aussies)!! I didn't record anything when I bred this species, keep all the dates of significance hey...

Very cool!!! These guys are beautiful!!!

Steve
Im logging it all to mate i have a computer log :)
And yeah i love this sp. there really nice lookin

Last edited:

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
kyle_de_aussie said:
Im logging it all to mate i have a computer log :)
And yeah i love this sp. there really nice lookin
Hey Kyle,

Very spiffy!! I'm breeding a few species this year, I wasn't sure whether or not to breed that species, I won't bother now, I can do some of the other guys I've got here, we could trade later on??

Steve

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Hey Kyle,

Very spiffy!! I'm breeding a few species this year, I wasn't sure whether or not to breed that species, I won't bother now, I can do some of the other guys I've got here, we could trade later on??

Steve
No doubt mate we can trade later on ;)

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is the video of tonights breeding ( the day after the last post), Selenotypus plumipes. This one was a bigger success with a larger female, he is getting more confidence by the day :) Oh yeah, she drums back to him, he drums back harder then Ginger Baker. These guys really perform for the camera hey...
It goes for 1.33 minutes, is 4.47MB and is in WMV format....

http://www.selenocosmia.com/breed_plumipes_2005.wmv

Steve

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excellente video material man, you shoiuld get a few on them feeding ;)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Hi,
Yeah, but feeding is boring compared to breeding :) Here is a video that runs for about one and a half minutes, is in WMV format and is about 4.91 MB.

Coremiocnemis tropix, the new Australian species breeding:

http://www.selenocosmia.com/Breed_Coremiocnemis_tropix.wmv

Cheers,
Steve
thanks again Steve, Son of Nunn

and i prefer breeding to feeding too... and i would guess so do my tarantulas =P

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have a look at this little beautie ;) Selenotypus sp.3 in postmoult glory.

Cheers,
Steve

inked

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Have a look at this little beautie ;) Selenotypus sp.3 in postmoult glory.

absolutely awesome Steve.. It's no wonder they're a favorite.. i want one lol :D

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Phlogius/Selenocosmia sp., a new one, only found these earlier this year, first photos publicly shown of this species ;)

Cheers,
Steve

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
kyle_de_aussie said:
Similar to eunice
Hi Kyle,
Yep, very similar, so similar may be the same species, time will tell :) This one lives in sympatry with S.crassipes at it's type locale.

Steve

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Here are two photos from a great series by Rolf Bottenbruch, undescribed Selenocosmia sp. depositing eggs, pretty cool if you've never seen it up close before!

Steve i was wondering, where is this sp. normally found ?? whats the vegetation like and the humidity ??

Thank you for your time.

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What about this sp. ?? Where do you normally find em ?? how's the vegetation and climate of this region ??

Thanks once again for your time.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cpt.nemO said:
Steve i was wondering, where is this sp. normally found ?? whats the vegetation like and the humidity ??
Found in central Qld region. The vegetation is mainly Acacia scrubland, semi arid region.

The other spider is yours, isn't it??

Steve

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Found in central Qld region. The vegetation is mainly Acacia scrubland, semi arid region.

The other spider is yours, isn't it??

Steve
The pictures are yours hehehehe but i think mine its practically identical to that of the pic.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cpt.nemO said:
The pictures are yours hehehehe but i think mine its practically identical to that of the pic.
Nope, none of those are my pics, the above two were posted by me with permission I might add, don't know about the lower two....anyway, it looks like a central Qld Selenotypus sp. of some sort, there are many types/forms and I couldn't say which based on the pics alone.

Steve

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh i see, my bad.

Steve, i would really like to have a good ideia of which sp. mine is. What kind of fotos could i get you (like what parts of the body) for you to make an educated guess on its species ?? Would it be possible for you to pos pictures of the setups u use for the species you have that are like mine or very similar ??

Thank's man.

Seigneur Veinen

Arachnopeon
These Australian Tarantulas are wonderfull....The most beautifull with Malaysian, New Guinean and Indian Terrestrial ones...
I am dreaming to have these species in my breed....

:8o :eek: :8o :wall: