Avic Post-Molt Help

argoetias

Arachnopeon
hello all! new T owner here. i was gifted my avic avic about 5 months ago and he just completed its first molt. the enclosure i was gifted him in i learned wasn't suitable so i ordered a new enclosure to move it into but my guy started webbing and by the time the enclosure came he seemed ready to molt, so i decided to let him molt and then rehouse. its only been about 13 days since he finished molting and ive been letting him chill out but im starting to get worried as it hasnt seemed hes left his web since the molt. i dropped crickets in 2 days ago and theyve gone untouched. now it looks like his legs are starting to curl inwards and hes been very inactive. any advice?

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
just Wait

you’re only the 1 billionth person to ask this.
You’re new that’s fine- but search the forum on the basics.

then after your research ask specific questions - happy to answer those

argoetias

Arachnopeon
alright, thanks for the reply. i did do some searching on the boards before asking here but kept finding conflicting information xd if anything i was really just worried as he seems to be curling inwards although i know that doesnt necessarily mean its 100% a death curl

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
its only been about 13 days since he finished molting
To be honest, 13 days are nothing. Give it a good month or two, it will still be fine as long as it has access to water.

it hasnt seemed hes left his web since the molt.
I see no problem with it, it may or it may not leave at all, but it’s all up to it, but it is very capable of it if it is willing.

i dropped crickets in 2 days ago and theyve gone untouched.
I’d take it out and just leave it be for another week or two.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Last my Avic took a longer hide out post molt, I just dripped a couple drops of water in the edge of her web tunnel every few days. I offered her a prekilled meal worm after 2 weeks at the edge of her tunnel and she took it quickly. A few days later she started venturing out again.

cold blood

Staff member
its only been about 13 days since he finished molting and ive been letting him chill out but im starting to get worried as it hasnt seemed hes left his web since the molt.
They dont leave until they have fully hardened and are ready to eat.
i dropped crickets in 2 days ago and theyve gone untouched.
Its pointless to feed before it emerges.
now it looks like his legs are starting to curl inwards and hes been very inactive. any advice?
Spritz a little water on the webbing....that's about all you can do....but keep in mind, odd positions are perfectly normal after a molt.

argoetias

Arachnopeon
gotcha. initially i read online a week to 10 days was enough time so this is good to know. and ill def try dropping some water by his web. thanks so much!

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
initially i read online a week to 10 days was enough time
That is more of a guideline than a general rule. Every single spider will be individually different. As stated above, Avics will come out of the web cocoon when rdy. Took me a bit to get used to that as well lol