B.boehmei flipping on his back but NOT molting

Magdalena

Arachnopeon
I am so freaked out right now. Let me preface with that my b.boehmei molted early March. He's ~3 y/o. Just a few minutes ago I found him laying on his back. Like, full on molt-pose. But he's obviously not molting. I was so freaked that he maybe fell or something so I nudged him with a paintbrush. He was very angry at that but still on his back, then I look away for a second and he's upright again. Just chilling like nothing happened. I can't see a single sign that anything is wrong. What is going on?? Has anyone experienced this before??

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
A 3yo B.boemei can take literally hours to molt. IMO you should never disturb a spider that is flipped on its back unless it is showing definitive signs of a death curl. Sometimes Ts will molt in quick succession. Sometimes the best recourse with most observable behaviors is just that. Observe what’s going on. Sometimes spiders just do spider things for no reason. Hope your T is ok

Mustafa67

Arachnopeon
I am so freaked out right now. Let me preface with that my b.boehmei molted early March. He's ~3 y/o. Just a few minutes ago I found him laying on his back. Like, full on molt-pose. But he's obviously not molting. I was so freaked that he maybe fell or something so I nudged him with a paintbrush. He was very angry at that but still on his back, then I look away for a second and he's upright again. Just chilling like nothing happened. I can't see a single sign that anything is wrong. What is going on?? Has anyone experienced this before??
Wait

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Really need pics here, but a Brachy molting again that soon doesn’t sound common to me. What size is he? Age doesn’t really tell us much. Were you able to check the molt? Was the sucking stomach there? Have you seen him eat or drink?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Really need pics here, but a Brachy molting again that soon doesn’t sound common to me. What size is he? Age doesn’t really tell us much. Were you able to check the molt? Was the sucking stomach there? Have you seen him eat or drink?
On its back is it climbing and falling something is not right .. yes pics needed !!! :pics: :pigeon: