B smithi fast movement speed

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I can speak from experience that taps will teleport and you will not be able to stop them if they want to teleport. My tap is pretty mellow compared to the rest of the species but it will happily dart from its hide to the other side of the cage and back into the hole and you have no idea what happened.
I'm aware, my T. violaceus female is a skittish, hectic little 4,25" girl and rehousing her was always fun :D

awiec

Arachnoprince
I'm aware, my T. violaceus female is a skittish, hectic little 4,25" girl and rehousing her was always fun :D
My T.gigas hasn't gotten that way yet, as it's still 2.75 inches or so, but I expect it to. It has already showed me what it can do via demonstrations on water and crickets.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My T.gigas hasn't gotten that way yet, as it's still 2.75 inches or so, but I expect it to. It has already showed me what it can do via demonstrations on water and crickets.
Have fun rehousing it, that's all I'm gonna say :D I wouldn't trade my girl though, she's gorgeous:

jwhite6188

Arachnopeon
its funny that this is the first thread i read this morning as i found out last night my b smithi did the same thing when i tried a mealworm for the first time as well. im certain he is ready to eat and he was clearly bigger than the mealworm but didnt know what it was im guessing so he took off trying to get away from it. i took it out after a lil while and he went back into his hideout sittin on the edge waiting for something else to come by.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Have fun rehousing it, that's all I'm gonna say :D I wouldn't trade my girl though, she's gorgeous:

I'll probably collect all the taps at some point, some people like to collect pokies or brachys, I'm going for lightning on legs. I will probably raise mine into adult hood before I start my collecting quest. And it has always been a little fun re-housing it, thankfully I am quick enough to put the lid or break out the catch cup if I think there is trouble or I'm sure I would have been chasing it all over the bathroom.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I'll probably collect all the taps at some point, some people like to collect pokies or brachys, I'm going for lightning on legs.
So basically you'll be sitting on the couch watching TV and there will be small, dark forms scooting across the upper walls and ceilings: 'Don't worry about it honey. I almost caught one yesterday. Won't be long now.'

awiec

Arachnoprince
So basically you'll be sitting on the couch watching TV and there will be small, dark forms scooting across the upper walls and ceilings: 'Don't worry about it honey. I almost caught one yesterday. Won't be long now.'
Well my bf won't mind so much since he won't swell up like a balloon cause of lack of hairs :p. I like a challenge anyway, he's planning on collecting pokies anyway so probably just have catch cups everywhere.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
omg I almost shot my coffee out of my nose!! hahahaha

cold blood

Staff member
That gave me a vision of the movie Arachnophobia where spiders flood up the wall in the dark living room....hahaha, I didn't know that was your crib Awiec.

awiec

Arachnoprince
That gave me a vision of the movie Arachnophobia where spiders flood up the wall in the dark living room....hahaha, I didn't know that was your crib Awiec.
Throw in the happening, pirana and andaconda and that's my house; I have over 40 plants, some lizards and fish along with the spiders.

jwhite6188

Arachnopeon
I just got some more crickets and as soon as it hit the ground it was hit. For some reason they don't like meal worms I didn't think it would really matter

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well my bf won't mind so much since he won't swell up like a balloon cause of lack of hairs :p. I like a challenge anyway, he's planning on collecting pokies anyway so probably just have catch cups everywhere.
No, no urticating hairs. But Tappie bites can be quite painful. "Hey, I think I stepped on a nail!" - "DON'T MOVE! You found a sling - thank god!"

awiec

Arachnoprince
No, no urticating hairs. But Tappie bites can be quite painful. "Hey, I think I stepped on a nail!" - "DON'T MOVE! You found a sling - thank god!"
I know they don't have hairs so the adventure would be finding them. I haven't had one get away from me yet so I am up to the task.

Twentytwenty

Arachnosquire
I always believe that every animal can move incredibly fast when they want to. Whether or not that is true for the animal, better safe than sorry. Never underestimate an animal.

Akai

Arachnobaron
I was watching some show maybe on the discovery channel that NASA was experimenting with robot planetary landers explorers whatever. They said the engineering of a spider would be the perfect locomotion for a robotic lander to explore a planet or moon. It would be able to travel over all sorts of shapes and crevices without getting stuck like say a normal wheeled robot. I think a centipede would work too now that I think about it. lol