Beginner T's

Chris V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Arboreal: Aviculara are GREAT!

Terresterial: Id recommend the Brachypelma albopilosum , Grammostola aureostriata or maybe even Eupalestrus campestratus (all are docile and would be excellent choices!).

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Frazier_05 said:
Hi,
I am considering getting back into T's. I had a Rosehair a few years back, but she eventually died, from apparent natural causes. I'm looking for advice on another beginner T, be it arboreal or terrestrial, no matter. Thanks for all the help.

Brett
I started with a rosie, then got another. Next I got a P cambridgei, definitely awsome but listen to morda, mine is only 2" long and it's so fast I can't see it move, only where it starts and where it ends up. Cool thing about them is they make tube webs, mine puts substrate all over the web to shield any light, it darts out from the tube when it feels food and darts back in, in reverse! I also have 2 birdeaters but a little more care is needed and they can't be handled. Greenbottle blue are awsome. Mine looks like a little tiger, black with orange stripes and makes tons of webs. When they mature the whole body is blue with a brownish red abdomen. Supposedly docile but a little skittish. Maybe a Chaco golden knee. They are considered more docile than rosies and grow huge, but get one thats pretty big to start because they take forever to mature. Avicularias are a handleable arboreal species. Mine will let me pick it up, but it's quick and will run up my arms :D . Also you said your rosie died from old age? They are supposed to live 10 or more years, how big was it, did you buy it fully grown? They usually max out at 4-5". Any other questions just ask!

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
LOL...I thought you were recomending that he handle this T.

Regards, Mike :D
Anyone thinking of handleing a baboon needs to have their heads checked & read the bite reports! I've had more than one dealer sternly talk me out of them and buy less expensive ones because of this. Would be cool if someone found one that was docile, I'm sure it's happened. I saw some pics on here of people handleing cobalts and T blondi's so they all can't be that aggressive... or can they