Behold: The deadliest scorpion on the PLANET, hadogenes troglodytes

Johnn

Arachnoknight
From out of the earth, something began to stir. Something ancient, something buried, something until now... forgotten.A creature that's very presence plagued the earth and ALL it's inhabitants, a demon with claws of iron and a tail as a scourge to lash out at whomsoever was foolish enough to cross its path. It is the forsaken one, the dweller in the stones... The hadogenes troglodytes. Fear cause it waits!

Obviously I'm just joking. Hadogenes troglodytes is probably the least venomous scorpion in existence with an ld50 of 1890-2667 mg/kg. But for real what dyou all think the world's deadliest scorpion is? And why? And before somebody says it, I'm aware I recently posted an inquiry about what y'all think the world's most venomous arachnid was, however there's no place here for arachnids in general so that thread was deleted.

Last edited:

adam james

Arachnosquire
I really have no idea, but I will vote for Parabuthus Transvaalicus, seems to have a lot of venom!

Johnn

Arachnoknight
I really have no idea, but I will vote for Parabuthus Transvaalicus, seems to have a lot of venom!
Yeah but the potency of it's venom isn't that high. It has a less than 1 percent mortality rate.

adam james

Arachnosquire
Yeah but the potency of it's venom isn't that high. It has a less than 1 percent mortality rate.
I was thinking "most venomous" instead of "most deadly". Most deadly , meaning which has caused the most deaths, I would vote for a Tityus sp, maybe stigmurus?

Johnn

Arachnoknight
I was thinking "most venomous" instead of "most deadly". Most deadly , meaning which has caused the most deaths, I would vote for a Tityus sp, maybe stigmurus?
Yeah, Tityus sp. Have killed a lot of ppl, mainly Tityus serulatus. But I meant which scorpion has the most dangerous sting.

adam james

Arachnosquire
How about a Hottentotta tamulus, or Hemiscorpius lepturus ?

adam james

Arachnosquire
you must have quoted me before I got my edit done :) Yes I did mean tamulus. I would not want to get tagged by either of those! I have never been stung by a scorpion in my life as we have no native ones here where I live. Many wasps and bees of course but I know that pales in comparison. I have had many birds though! And while they are not venomous, a hard bite from a blue and gold macaw can put you on your knees real fast, or remove a digit if you are not lucky.

Johnn

Arachnoknight
you must have quoted me before I got my edit done :) Yes I did mean tamulus. I would not want to get tagged by either of those! I have never been stung by a scorpion in my life as we have no native ones here where I live. Many wasps and bees of course but I know that pales in comparison. I have had many birds though! And while they are not venomous, a hard bite from a blue and gold macaw can put you on your knees real fast :)
Yeah lol. I bet. And I actually have both h. Lepturus and h. Tamulus. I have been tagged by a h. Tamulus I used to own a little over a year ago but it was just a little love tap. That being said, I will NEVER let a h. Lepturus sting me. Lmao

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
From out of the earth, something began to stir. Something ancient, something buried, something until now... forgotten.A creature that's very presence plagued the earth and ALL it's inhabitants, a demon with claws of iron and a tail as a scourge to lash out at whomsoever was foolish enough to cross its path. It is the forsaken one the dweller in the stones... The hadogenes troglodytes. Fear cause it waits!

Obviously I'm just joking but for real y'all. Hadogenes troglodytes is probably the least venomous scorpions in existence with an ld50 of 1890-2667 mg/kg. But for real what dyou all think the world's deadliest scorpion is? And why? And before somebody says it, I'm aware I recently posted an inquiry about what y'all think the world's most venomous arachnid was, however there's no place here for arachnids in general so that thread was deleted.
The deadliest ones are the ones that sting the most people without anti-venom. and the elderly and young I’m not really sure which species that is😵💫

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
It is too difficult to determine the deadliest scorpion in the world. That one can be flying below the radar due to a lack of human encounters and/or confirmed reported stings. Pediatric, elderly, and individuals with impaired immunities are the highest risk groups for severe and deadly stings. Mild and non-life threatening moderate envenomations occur frequently in healthy adults. (You've experienced this first hand. But beware of profuse sweating, cold extremities especially with cyanosis, blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory especially shortness of breathe and wheezing, and gastrointestinal related symptons especially profuse vomitting.) Hottentotta tamulus is synanthropic species in a country that has long lacked standardized scorpionism medical training and procedures, and medical availability especially in the rural areas. But the alpha blocker Prazosin has radically reduced mortalities in treated cases within the country. Late medical presentation is one of the leading causes of poor prognosis and fatalities from scorpion envenomation.

Last edited:

Johnn

Arachnoknight
It is too difficult to determine the deadliest scorpion in the world. That one can be flying below the radar due to a lack of human encounters and/or confirmed reported stings. Pediatric, elderly, and individuals with impaired immunities are the highest risk groups for severe and deadly stings. Mild and non-life threatening moderate envenomations occur frequently in healthy adults. (You've experienced this first hand. But beware of profuse sweating, cold extremities, blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory especially shortness of breathe and wheezing, and gastrointestinal related symptons especially profuse vomitting.) Hottentotta tamulus is synanthropic species in a country that has long lacked standardized scorpionism medical training and procedures, and medical availability especially in the rural areas. But the alpha blocker Prazosin has radically reduced mortalities in treated cases within the country.
Yeah. I've definitely experienced cold extremities, not just to my touch,but to the touch of others. But only in the area of the sting.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Yeah. I figured. When you got stung by your hottentotta franzwerneri, did it feel cold? Like the affected limb? Or just the sting site?
Only my thumb would alternate between throbbing smashed by hammer dull pain and icy cold chill. Also right at the point of the sting it feel like a tiny needle-sized screw was boring under my skin. Otherwise, I had no systemic symptons as far as I could tell maybe a doctor would have found something but it couldn't have been too serious. Just had to endure approximate eight hours of this then it was just a matter of recovering from swelling and pressure paresthesia over a couple of days.

Johnn

Arachnoknight
Only my thumb would alternate between throbbing smashed by hammer dull pain and icy cold chill. Also right at the point of the sting it feel like a tiny needle-sized screw was boring under my skin. Otherwise, I had no systemic symptons as far as I could tell maybe a doctor would have found something but it couldn't have been too serious. Just had to endure approximate eight hours of this then it was just a matter of recovering from swelling and pressure paresthesia over a couple of days.
Yeah I know the needle sized screw feeling lol. When my A. bicolor tagged me, it felt like id stepped on glass and when you restep on it, pushing it deeper into your foot on and off for hours, except on my arm or hand or wherever it stung me. I actually find personally that the less venomous the scorpion, the more painful the sting since the more potent scorpion venoms will cause more numbness. Of course, the paresthesia is greater with the more potent ones though.