birth Poecilotheria subfusca

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello

I bring a little news to you

I had decided to leave 10 babies grew together. here the 15 month later. 9 females sub-subadult for an adult male

Pascal
That is absolutely awesome. So there was no cannibalism at all. What kind of cage did you leave them in. Looks like a definate success.:clap:

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Impressive!
How did you sustain a colony like that?
It's amazing.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that's great! at what temperature/humidity do you keep subfuscas? i'm asking because i just got 2 slings and a juvie (hopefully female) and don't want to lose any of them. i've heard they are more complicated to keep healthy than other pokie species.

Pascal47

Arachnopeon
Is this kind of ratio of males to females normally this high withe poecilotheria sacs? I wonder if those females will mature in time for that male..
This kind of ratio is particular for P. subfusca : females are more numerous than males in a sack (which is different for other Poecilotheria species). The females will not be mature for this male, I had to get it off for another breeding

That is absolutely awesome. So there was no cannibalism at all. What kind of cage did you leave them in. Looks like a definate success
For the time being they are in a 20 x 20 x 40 cm container, with a single hollow cork (30 cm long and 8 cm of internal diameter). When they molt I will set them in a bigger tank (approximately 30 x 30 x 50 cm)."

How did you sustain a colony like that?
As I said, I let 10 spiderlings grow communally in a tank, and that's the result 15 months later !

that's great! at what temperature/humidity do you keep subfuscas? i'm asking because i just got 2 slings and a juvie (hopefully female) and don't want to lose any of them. i've heard they are more complicated to keep healthy than other pokie species.
You have to keep subfusca at low temperatures (18-22 °C) and high humidity level (but well ventilated).

@+
pascal

P/S : please excuse me, I have some difficulties to answer you quickly for I have to ask some friends to help me.

Last edited:

Boo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats! Those are sooo cute! What a beautiful species you have there.