Bleeding!

nhandms

Arachnopeon
Don't be so rude it was a typo. Internal bleeding because she was probably injured on FedEx when she was shipped.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
I can assure you this tarantula didn't molt in that guys care 2 months ago like he claimed it did, look at the missing hair on the chelicerae literally screams wild caught. If that tarantula molted 2 months ago in captivity then I'm selling my collection and getting the hell out of this hobby.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I can assure you this tarantula didn't molt in that guys care 2 months ago like he claimed it did, look at the missing hair on the chelicerae literally screams wild caught. If that tarantula molted 2 months ago in captivity then I'm selling my collection and getting the hell out of this hobby.
+1
Yeah T Stirmi would be a lot brighter colored , if it recently molted. It looks dull , probably 100% wild-caught as you said. Pet-stores Ts are mostly WC.

nhandms

Arachnopeon
It doesn't look like she molted to me either. And she does look wild to me also. She does kick her hairs a lot even in the store she did that.

---------- Post added 10-30-2014 at 11:36 AM ----------

Yes her fluids stopped leaking and she's walking around a bit. We've been at work so hopefully when we return she is fine :)

nhandms

Arachnopeon
Lol I have two k hibernalis a baby and a mom :) I love my babies lol thank you for all of the help. I'll be posting soon when I get home for lunch to check on scarface the stirmi lol

cold blood

Staff member
scarface the stirmi lol
I'm not a fan of names for t's, but "scareface the stirmi" is a keeper name for sure.

I don't think there is anyone in their right mind that thinks you did this to the t.:wink:

nhandms

Arachnopeon
Yeah lol I haven't named all of mine. Just three. But scarface fits lol. Just to be silly :p
Update on the t stirmi: she's in her burrow and hasn't came out. It's dark and I can't see if she's bleeding but I think it's best to not disturb her or spook her so I'm going to let her be and check her when she comes out. Again thanks to all :)

---------- Post added 10-30-2014 at 07:40 PM ----------

Maybe I'm over thinking this.. Is there a such thing? Okay well I reviewed the pics of the t stirmi and she seems to have white underneath her mouth. Well... Could this be nematodes?! No other symptoms... Palps are on the ground, she doesn't stay next to the water... Seems to be okay. Any info?

Kinkyskink

Arachnopeon
This has been a very informative thread. I hope he turns out ok. And your Rosie is gorgeous!

nhandms

Arachnopeon
Thank you. My rosea was my first tarantula ever. Ive had him about a year. And yes thanks to everyone for all of the help. She doesn't seem to be doing much at this point... Hopefully she's resting and that's a good thing.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Thank you. My rosea was my first tarantula ever. Ive had him about a year. And yes thanks to everyone for all of the help. She doesn't seem to be doing much at this point... Hopefully she's resting and that's a good thing.
I feel really bad for "scarface", I don't know what I would do if one of my Ts had this happen to them!

nhandms

Arachnopeon
I feel bad for her too. She seems strong so I think she will pull through. It's going to be a long battle though! And it's hard for us to deal with her because she's so strong! And huge! Lol. This is my first t that is over 5 inches. I think my rosea is almost 5.

nhandms

Arachnopeon
Update for today. She's still in her burrow. No death curl or anything she's just hanging out like a normal t. Do the stirmis like to stay hidden? This is my first one. The bleeding seems to have stopped so far (hopefully for good) and she's cleaned some of the cornstarch off lol. So far good progress. Thanks guys.

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 07:20 AM ----------

Also earlier you guys pointed out she may be female. How can you tell? I'm mixing up he and she a lot because I only know the sex of my rose hair for sure. (and I think my p irminia is female) do you have to wait for a molt?

cold blood

Staff member
Update for today. She's still in her burrow. No death curl or anything she's just hanging out like a normal t. Do the stirmis like to stay hidden? This is my first one. The bleeding seems to have stopped so far (hopefully for good) and she's cleaned some of the cornstarch off lol. So far good progress. Thanks guys.

Most animals (all kinds) that are injured or have endured trauma will naturally hide A LOT more often. Best of luck, of course.

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

---------- Post added 11-01-2014 at 07:20 AM ----------

Also earlier you guys pointed out she may be female. How can you tell? I'm mixing up he and she a lot because I only know the sex of my rose hair for sure. (and I think my p irminia is female) do you have to wait for a molt?
She is probably a female because mature males do not tend to get this diagram size and thickness. I am basing this on that you said she was 7 inch across. If "she" is really 5-6 inches across then this goes out the window. All of this is speculation on my part. The most accurate way to sex her is here: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?54718-Sexing-for-Dummies

nhandms

Arachnopeon
I haven't measured her yet but my rose hair is way smaller. My rosea is a male and about 4 and a half inches across. And this one is at minimal 6 inches across. But I think at least 7 just comparing her to my rosea. Thank you and when she comes out I'll do a measurement.

nhandms

Arachnopeon
Hi guys. Scarface has been in the same spot for about 24 hours now. I have been checking every couple of hours and she's just staying still. Being in her burrow doesn't help me to check for bleeding. She is sitting with her body against the ground and her legs look like they're out normally. I can see where the cornstarch looks like it is clearish instead of white. It's not running like a lot of blood loss or anything. I'm worried. Do these type of ts just sit like that? My rose hair sits still for a while but he usually turns around or something. Humidity is up good. Has water and I put a couple crickets in there and there is no sign of them (unless somehow she didn't kill them and they're in her burrow) should I feed her more? I'm terrified she will take the tweezers from me if I try a superworm (plus they'll burrow if she doesn't eat it) should I try to force her out of there and take the burrow out? I don't want to stress her but with her attitude she seems stressed on her own lol. Thank you for the help. We are just trying to get her back up to good health.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Hi guys. Scarface has been in the same spot for about 24 hours now. I have been checking every couple of hours and she's just staying still. Being in her burrow doesn't help me to check for bleeding. She is sitting with her body against the ground and her legs look like they're out normally. I can see where the cornstarch looks like it is clearish instead of white. It's not running like a lot of blood loss or anything. I'm worried. Do these type of ts just sit like that? My rose hair sits still for a while but he usually turns around or something. Humidity is up good. Has water and I put a couple crickets in there and there is no sign of them (unless somehow she didn't kill them and they're in her burrow) should I feed her more? I'm terrified she will take the tweezers from me if I try a superworm (plus they'll burrow if she doesn't eat it) should I try to force her out of there and take the burrow out? I don't want to stress her but with her attitude she seems stressed on her own lol. Thank you for the help. We are just trying to get her back up to good health.
Jeez leave her be, what are you gonna do if you take her out? I will tell you F all, there is NOTHING you can do from this point on to save this T, leave her in her burrow and let her relax, if she dies it's because she was always going to die from a horrible gash across her head. Constantly pushing her around and messing up her burrow isn't going to do anything.