Blue fangs, my baby's got blue fangs ...

T-Harry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just recently I also got three slings of that species, they're about the same size as Ssspidermom's have been in the beginning.

beautiful spiders. The only thing that turned me off on the blue fangs was that I was told they lose most of that color as they grow. Otherwise I think I may have to try one some day
I believe the females still have them they mature but I don't think males do I could be wrong though its just going by pics I have seen
Adult females keep the blue fangs, adult males get pink fangs. They both lose the green color on the abdomen, besides the blue or pink fangs and the yellow rings on the legs they become mostly brown.
Here's a link to an adult female: http://www.insektenzucht.de/

This is a species I'm very interested in....I looked around for some care info but didn't come up with much, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.
Ephebopus cyanognathus belongs to the family of the Avicularinae (same as the Avicularia, Iridopelma, Pachistopelma and Tapinauchenius genus) but unlike other species of this family they are not arboreal but burrow instead. The natural habitad is French Guyana, some islands on the northern shore of South America. Grown up females reach a body length of 2 to 2.5 inches. Since they are burrowers you should keep them in a tank with at least 4 inches of substrate. They are also webbing a lot around the entrance to their burrow. Temperature should be at 75° to 80°F and humidity should be kept by at least 70% and should not exceed 90%. A good ventilation is required. It is normally a quite nervous and very fast T.

More info on the Ephebopus genus:

MARSHALL, S. D. & UETZ, G. W. (1990): The pedipalpal brush of Ephebopus sp. (Araneae, Theraphosidae): evidence of a new site for urticating hairs. Bull. Br. Arachnol. Soc. 8(4): 122-124.

WEST, R. C. & MARSHALL, S. D. (2000): Description of two new species of Ephebopus Simon, 1892. Arthropoda 8(2): 6-14.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice T's. Nice big blue fangs. Kinda like me when I've had too many blue raspberry slurpies {D