Brachypelma smithi leaking hemolymph from joints

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I wouldn't be surprised if the animals that you bought from that guy have some sort of internal infection. They might have been weakened with a chemical and then got colonized by some sort of spores so all the molting in the world won't help.
This is really frustrating me. I had intended to sell a lot of the spiders I got from him as they don't particularly interest me. The deal was really good and there were some gems I had been searching for, so I picked them up. Obviously I won't be selling or trading any until I get this resolved. I got a couple dozen spiders, so I'm encouraged that so far only a few are showing these symptoms. There are also some species available in the classifieds at the moment that I have been itching for for years (hello, Coremiocnemis hoggi and Augacephalus breyeri) that I don't dare bring into the house until I've dealt with this.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
So the Brachypelma smithi is dead. RIP, kiddo. I was getting attached.
More bad news: I've found another new spider with scabs on his joints. Fun fun fun, it's a pokie.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
So the Brachypelma smithi is dead. RIP, kiddo. I was getting attached.
More bad news: I've found another new spider with scabs on his joints. Fun fun fun, it's a pokie.
Oh goodness, good luck with that fella. Sorry for your loss, this thing is horrible, I feel so sorry for those poor Ts.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Yeah I haven't heard of anything like this. I still don't know for certain that it's fungal, but the fuzz looks like it. I think the weirdest thing is that when they bleed on substrate little spots of fungus sprout where the drops fell. It's creepy. The LP is in an ICU but the rest are just in normal enclosures. Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm doing all I can to prevent the spread to my collection but I am afraid I noticed too late and may have already cross-contaminated. I quarantine my fish, but never thought it would be necessary to quarantine spiders!

If I knew what needed to be done to fix this, I would do it. As it is, I am spending a ton of time on what-ifs and maybes and jut hoping for the best.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Yeah I haven't heard of anything like this. I still don't know for certain that it's fungal, but the fuzz looks like it. I think the weirdest thing is that when they bleed on substrate little spots of fungus sprout where the drops fell. It's creepy. The LP is in an ICU but the rest are just in normal enclosures. Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm doing all I can to prevent the spread to my collection but I am afraid I noticed too late and may have already cross-contaminated. I quarantine my fish, but never thought it would be necessary to quarantine spiders!

If I knew what needed to be done to fix this, I would do it. As it is, I am spending a ton of time on what-ifs and maybes and jut hoping for the best.
As I said it sounds like an internal fungal infection of sorts (I'm not sure if spiders could get them or not). I would get the pokie(this is from your own collection right) into isolation and maybe put down most of the ones that are still alive and it seems like they are just spreading it around; though I would keep one or two alive to watch the progress of the "disease".

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
The Poecilotheria vittata is another new one. None of my original spiders is sick (yet.) Most of the collection I bought out is NW but he had a few OW species I was particularly interested in and this little man was among them. Fortunately, he is one of the ones I was least interested in and also one of the least valuable. I'm a horrible person for thinking that way but at least it wasn't the P. metallica girls... again, yet. Until one of my original spiders gets sick I can't be sure if it is spreading or not. I am also taking every precaution I can to prevent that.

awiec

Arachnoprince
The Poecilotheria vittata is another new one. None of my original spiders is sick (yet.) Most of the collection I bought out is NW but he had a few OW species I was particularly interested in and this little man was among them. Fortunately, he is one of the ones I was least interested in and also one of the least valuable. I'm a horrible person for thinking that way but at least it wasn't the P. metallica girls... again, yet. Until one of my original spiders gets sick I can't be sure if it is spreading or not. I am also taking every precaution I can to prevent that.
Nothing horrible about it; you kept your collection clean and this guy you bought these new animals from some how got them all infected with something. I would maybe contact some arachnologist in your area to see if they are interested in the diseased animals; they might have the resources to actually figure out what exactly is going on. Though I would start putting down animals that show symptoms and maybe save a few for observation...ya know for science.

dj_flip03

Arachnopeon
Hey guys!

My A. Seemani has that "leg-leak" too. I thought all along that it was normal. I noticed that this happened about 3 or 4 times now. I often see it when he sticks his legs onto the enclosure's wall. Anyway, he's still very much alive. I'll try to post pics soon.