Broken arm?

zomby19

Arachnopeon
Got a jumping spider (never owned one but know about care, was planning on ordering a female next month) but basically there was a reptile store next to my piercing shop and they had a jumping spider in bad condition so I got it. I’m pretty sure they crushed the arm? I hadn’t noticed till I was in the car. Will this be something that gets fixed when he molts and anything I need to worry about? I was planning on actually ordering a female soon but since I saw one in person and felt bad I took it home. Is there also anything I should change about the enclosure? He hasn’t eaten but he’s accepted water.

Attachments

zomby19

Arachnopeon

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Congrats, zomby
"Arm" Looks Fine. Even so...
Arachnids have marvelous Regenerative Abilities.
Mm Hmm ...
Looks "Well Armed" to Me

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Congrats, zomby
Arachnids have marvelous Regenerative Abilities.
Mm?
Yes it’s a male, I was explaining the situation. I wanted a female and was planning to order one but saw this male in a pet store next to my piercing shop and I felt bad bc the condition it was kept in a tiny container. My question was if it’s arm was broke and if I should do anything?
Does it look broken in videos?
It looks normal in the pictures

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
It’s his left arm, he can’t straighten it and here’s a video. I know they do molt (as for the replies) and I was just wondering if there’s anything to be concerned about (esp since he won’t eat)
Lil bro is webbing up a storm lol. That's a great sign and means that he's starting to settle in. I can definitely see that he doesn't seem to have movement in his front left leg in the video. Spiders are pretty good at surviving with less than 8 legs. It'll probably be fixed within a couple molts so no immediate concern necessary 😁.

Not eating right away isn't a much of a concern either. His abdomen looks ok for a male and it can take awhile before they're settled in and hungry. You said he took water which means he probably isn't dehydrated either. If the issue persists, varying the prey you offer or prekilling/disabling prey might help.

Enclosure looks good to me from the one pic. I think I know who you got the decor from and they're good about using safe materials. I can't tell if you have standing water but jumpers can drown so it's good to be careful about that. Water dishes can be great for humidity but putting gravel or smth in them can help avoid any accidents.

Best of luck! 🕷