Building Custom KK Lids?

DETHCHEEZ

Arachnosquire
Cool...

Kind of happy I ran across this post
'Cause I've been debating between having a plexiglass / acrylic enclosures made like the vertical ones you see for arboreal Ts
But a horizontal one with the door on top
Or
Trying to do something like this with a med KK for my pede

Mind me asking about how much it cost you for supplies (piece of acrylic hinges glue etc...)

Looks nice & hope you spider ends up enjoying it

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the whole sheet of plexiglass was like $27, i got 4 medium lids and 2 large ones out of it. The bottle of SciGrip was $8 (I have tons leftover), I got a 12 pack of hinges for $6, I think the 6 pack of hasps was $9. I already had the power drill and sandpaper lying around, I picked up some black oxide bits for a few dollars. So enough supplies for 6 enclosures will run you about 50 bucks not counting tools or the KKs themselves (or shipping costs).

The way Mello and I built them can be used horizontal or vertical, it just depends on the placement of the airholes.

Are you talking about a millipede or a centipede? I'm not sure I'd trust a centipede with this sort of lid to be honest. But I'm considering building some millipede tanks using this method, but with screened airholes like Mello's tanks.

Edit: Alright, I have one tank left to build, I'll take photos for a guide whenever I get around to making it.

DETHCHEEZ

Arachnosquire
Thanks For The Reply...

Looking to get / build one for a Centipede

I think the whole sheet of plexiglass was like $27, i got 4 medium lids and 2 large ones out of it. The bottle of SciGrip was $8 (I have tons leftover), I got a 12 pack of hinges for $6, I think the 6 pack of hasps was $9. I already had the power drill and sandpaper lying around, I picked up some black oxide bits for a few dollars. So enough supplies for 6 enclosures will run you about 50 bucks not counting tools or the KKs themselves (or shipping costs).

The way Mello and I built them can be used horizontal or vertical, it just depends on the placement of the airholes.

Are you talking about a millipede or a centipede? I'm not sure I'd trust a centipede with this sort of lid to be honest. But I'm considering building some millipede tanks using this method, but with screened airholes like Mello's tanks.

Edit: Alright, I have one tank left to build, I'll take photos for a guide whenever I get around to making it.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks For The Reply...

Looking to get / build one for a Centipede
I've never kept centipedes, but if you wanted to put one in this sort of tank I'd put at least two latches on it just to make sure they can't squeeze out through the crack. Someone with actual experience will have to chime in on how well that would work.

Zymotic

Arachnopeon
Awesome job, Cavedweller! It looks really professional.

When you make another you should do a step-by-step guide so others can re-create this design with little error.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome job, Cavedweller! It looks really professional.

When you make another you should do a step-by-step guide so others can re-create this design with little error.
Thanks! I assure you they're not nearly as professional looking in person though, hahaha. That's the plan. Assuming nothing comes up, I'll start working on the last tank and take photos tonight.

Should I make a separate thread for the guide?