c.margaritatus

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not right now.I'm waiting until adults.probably loan males out.if i get any.id like to get a population going.The people that I know that have them so far.Are having a problem finding a male.I've thought about power feeding them to get them to molt faster,but i'm afraid it might do more harm than good.

Last edited:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maaaan I really cant wait for you all to breed them and get them going! Grats so far Ralph!

Cowin8579

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah for sure we need to setup breeding as soon as they are ready. If your heater malfunctions and I flake out and sell to some pet store, a few die of natural causes.. they will be 100% gone from the US. We have two gorgeous ladies, and we can breed to one.. rest the male, then breed the other female etc. That will be a good start.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice looking! Thanks for sharing ralph! Keep up the good work!

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
Looks awesome! Are you planning to sell the babies or make a colony then sell?

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It all depends on what sex they turn out.The one pictured is most likely female.Im hoping to breed them.Loan males out to people that have females.If I get any males.If I ever get a brood then ill probably trade for other scorps.Keep most of them for future breeding.unless they get imported and are not hard to get.

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice. Too bad they aren't Centruroides bicolor.
Was this comment even necessary?? Too bad I don't have Uroplectes or some of the rarer Parabuthus either...

I'd like to see some pictures of the "rarer" species that you keep in your collection...

Cheers,

Rob

OP - Nice Centruroides BTW!

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
I don't know what you think I meant by that, but I wasn't be sarcastic. I actually enjoy seeing pictures of them. I said too bad they aren't Centruroides bicolor because C. margaritatus don't always have the color extremes and patterning like C. bicolor does. Not because C. margaritatus is not as nice as C. bicolor. Also, you mentioned rare species, which one do you want Rhopalurus crassicauda or Lychas mucronatus?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know what you think I meant by that, but I wasn't be sarcastic. I actually enjoy seeing pictures of them. I said too bad they aren't Centruroides bicolor because C. margaritatus don't always have the color extremes and patterning like C. bicolor does. Not because C. margaritatus is not as nice as C. bicolor. Also, you mentioned rare species, which one do you want Rhopalurus crassicauda or Lychas mucronatus?
Have to agree with Rob, the comment was still unnecessary given your excuses as well. However, you two dont need to get into a fight on here over it either.

To ralph: I hope one ends up maturing as a male. My limbatus are all males so far, hoping i get a confirmed female out of these two larger subs of mine.

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm a huge fan of Lychas!! For some reason Rhopalurus don't really do it for me, didn't mean to come off like an a-hole, just hard to gauge your context!

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just now seen the comments.I didn't take offense to the comment.So neither should anybody else.I'm open to all comments good or bad.I hope to get a male too.Both of my 6i look female.hopefully atleast one of the 5i are male.if I see any difference when the others molt to 6i.Ill post a pic.Maybe you might get lucky Grom and get a female c.limbatus.Definately need to get some broods of those.

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can't wait until there adults.Seems like mine took forever to molt at early instars,but are reaching there molts faster now.Havent changed anything on the way I take care of them.