Cave Terrarium needs Inhabitant

Zeus515

Arachnopeon
I know It's been an extraordinarily long time since I posted this, but I did finish it! Here are some pictures of the finished project!
I ended up going with the GBB. It's still in a smaller container and secluded in the top portion of the tank until it molts a few more times. I used tile grout (bone color) to make the inside of the cave and then used a polyurethane wood finish to seal it not only for moisture reasons but also to give it a cool slimy look to make it look more limestone-esque. I hope you like it!
more cave 1.PNG more cave 2.PNG more cave 3.PNG

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The question is, does the T use the caves you built?'

I think it came out pretty nice. The only thing I can't tell is the height inside the cave. If too tall, a fall could cause a T to die.

Zeus515

Arachnopeon
At the moment I feel like it's to small still. It's only about the size of a half-dollar all spread out right now and it would get lost if I even let it have free-roam of just the top part of the terrarium. So once it molts once or twice more ill let it have the top part of the tank, then eventually give it access to the cave below. I just don't want to lose it or have it not able to find its food. I should have a ribbon-cutting for the day it gets to have the whole thing though haha.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At the moment I feel like it's to small still. It's only about the size of a half-dollar all spread out right now and it would get lost if I even let it have free-roam of just the top part of the terrarium. So once it molts once or twice more ill let it have the top part of the tank, then eventually give it access to the cave below. I just don't want to lose it or have it not able to find its food. I should have a ribbon-cutting for the day it gets to have the whole thing though haha.

For that size Exo, I think should wait beyond 2 molts. I own GBBs and they grow fast, but a few molts it will still be too small for the top primarily for the reason you mentioned. It may not actually find food.

Zeus515

Arachnopeon
That's my exact concern as well. I'm gonna just wait and see and when I feel like its time i'll give it access progressively as I feel like it's big enough. Thanks for the input/confirmation of my plan!

JAG2469

Eight Legged Freak
That looks pretty freaking cool nice job nice to see something different

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The other thing I wasn't sure of is does the opening to the cave system go down on a slant, like a burrow? Or will the T have to go through a hole and climb on the cave's ceiling/wall to make it to the floor? If it's the latter, it may not take to the cave because there's no building material for it to form a burrow. Granted it can form a tube w/web, but they like to have support in those cases. I think it's a cool setup, just not sure if the T will use it. I think I have had only 2 Ts take to whatever I made for them haha, fussy little guys.

The other thing and I can't recall if you are going to do this. I would light up the cave with blue LEDs, that give off a nice moonlight effect, like those moonlight bulbs for herps.