Species Ceratogyrus darlingi (a.k.a. Ceratogyrus bechuanicus)

Phases

Arachnoknight
Actually, she does okay if you stick to your side of the tank while feeding. :) But she did attack our cup in the transfer video - and hissed once or twice the day she moved in, heh.

She dug down about two inches, then webbed herself a surface burrow which includes webbing across the screen. So, when I feed, it stretches a bit. This morning I noticed shes done a bit more, and has one opening up by the water dish.

(So, I wonder, should I put her food inside, or outside the burrow?)

20170712_050916.jpg

20170712_050835.jpg 20170712_050842.jpg

She's a fun one to feed though. Hasn't yet turned anything down, seems pleased to get her food, etc. Doesn't give me a threat pose often, I think she has once since her first day, when tipping the top to feed.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Never put anything inside a t's burrow. If burrow is sealed shut, it's a sign that it doesn't want food. If burrow is open just leave something prekilled close to the opening.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I really like your enclosures.
[I assume 'pre-killed' is so nothing live gets lost in burrow and then you don't know if prey was accepted or not. Also makes refused feeders easier to remove. Sorry for speaking for someone else -- they may have meant something different.]

Anyway, love the enclosure and jealous of webbed tunnel-looking shot. Wow -- I can't get those shots. Ever.

Phases

Arachnoknight
Thank you :)

As for prekilled I guess it depends on if you mean crushed heads. I do that for dubias and meal worms half the the time, but otherwise nah. We do monitor ..everything.. quite closely.