Ceratogyrus marshalli ???

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I got this wee guy as a C. marshalli. It was just a tiny speck when I got it. Now 3 molts later its 1"...maybe.. but I see no horn. Do they get their horns later when theyre bigger? IS this a C. marshalli? Its almost as orange as my Usambara..not quite but almost. LOL maybe this will be a male Usambara for my female to play with down the road :D . (I still hope its a horned baboon)

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Michelle

Last edited:

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry :(

Thats not a marshalli. Marshalli is my fave species, so it saddens me to tell you that. Marshallis are basically black at that age, you probably have a Pternochilus sp. (murinus) there. I would be very angry if sold a marshalli and it wasnt one :mad: Now, let me dispell some rumors; Only females ever get a horn, ceratogyrus is one of the only (if not the only) genus which has sexual dimorphism (different physical characteristics between Ms and fs). The males get a lil bump on their cephalathorax, but not a horn. At that size the female starts to sorta, maybe show a lil bit of a horn, but it doesnt really come along till its closer to 3 inches. Of my spiderlings that size, one of which is a marshalli and one is a bechuanicus, both have the slightest bit of a bump, but the bech, which is half an inch bigger is actually starting to form a horn that is pointing to the rear like the females of that species do. If you can get a reambursement then do it!! Nothing is as cool as Marshallis!! NOTHING!

Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Check the underside, all Ceratogyrus spp. have a pale white/cream band across the first pair of booklungs.

I'd have to say it looks like P. murinus...

Zoo Keeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Who did you get it from, it may just be an honest mistake and they will fix their screw up. I would be upset too, hope it works out for you.

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Guy said:
Check the underside, all Ceratogyrus spp. have a pale white/cream band across the first pair of booklungs.
[/I]...
True true, I forgot about that band, besides, the only ceratogyrus thats remotely orangeish is the saunderi, and I you dont usually get one of them by mistake.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Geeze...Ive had nothing but trouble with this transaction. I purchased it in Dec...recieved a DEAD one...so he sent me another one...it was dead too....SO he tried one more time and well...its not a marshalli...the poor guy is out so much money from me already I hate to even tell him its not a marshalli.. :|
I think Ill email him and tell him its not a marshalli so he wont sell anymore AS marshallis.
Thanks for the diagnosis..wish it had been different, I really REALLY want a C. marshalli :(

Michelle

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I got it from Atlantic Reptile Co. Derek Barrier. Im going to email him and tell him hes not selling what he thinks he is.

Michelle

I have to add this, This guy is GREAT to do buisness with. He went TOTALLY out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase and at a loss to himself to do it!! I would buy from him again!

Last edited: