Chilean rose T question

Gambit

Arachnopeon
I few weeks ago I received a chilean rose(not sure exact species which is why I haven't used scientific name) along with an Asian forest scorpion. His wife wanted them gone so I took them, he was going to let them loose in the wild.

The T came to me in a 5.5 gallon aquarium on repti-rock which I switched out for Eco-earth. The T has always been active, out waking around, eating like a pig, was burrowing under the hide etc. I came home from work the other day to massive webbing on the hide and across the floor. As of this morning I hadn't seen the T for almost two days which is really strange. So I took a small lamp and shined it inside the hide to make sure the T was alive or whatever and I see this huge white ball. I had a pink toed T years ago which passed I believe to my own lack of knowledge so this had me concerned at first.

This maybe a dumb question but is this an egg sack and if it is what do I do? Lol completely new ground for me. Now that I look in the hide the T's abdomen looks considerably smaller.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It could be. I'd venture to say she was wild caught, so she could've mated in the wild.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It looks like either your rosie laid a sac or has smuggled in a golf ball. Grats either way, I usually lose golf balls!

Seriously though, congratulations and good luck. Someone should be along shortly with some good advice on how to successfully hatch it out and with luck, you'll be selling slings in no time

gobey

Arachnoknight
Btw OP. Grammastola porteri. :) That's what species your Chilean rose is. Mine too :) Took me a bit to realise that the name for the grey color form of Grammastola rosea.

And yeah you may be a grandpa soon.

Akai

Arachnobaron
you have a Grammastola Poteri. how long did your buddy have her for and where did he get her from? are the last 2 pics before an after photos? i am happy that you were compassionate enough to rescue them from being let loose in the wild. that would have been their death sentence with winter around the corner and you living in Illinois. i imagine a lot of tarantulas are abandoned this way. she may have been a WC gravid female if you don't know anything of her pairing history.

Gambit

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the replies everyone. My friend had her for a month, said he bought her at a petsmart. The top picture was this morning, the other two pictures are from last week. She hasn't been out of the hide since late Friday afternoon.

Is there anything special I need to do or prepare for when this happens?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It only took a month for them to be cast out? =/

I'd say you better get a lot of small deli cups ready if the sac is fertile! :)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
this kinda makes me want to get a T from a petstore and make sure its a nice sized fem both avic and porteri XD gl with the sack.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think I've seen pretty much this exact same post verbatim over the years. "I got my tarantula at the pet store, I've never paired it, but now it has an eggsac??" Hahaha! Stupid chain pet stores and their wild caught spiders... Oy. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the stress of being ripped from its home, flown to the US, packed up and shipped to your local PetSmart, being housed with your friend, and then rehoused with you.....will make that sac not viable.