Clear Paint Cans?

TypicalCricket

Arachnopeon
You're really digging the aesthetic side huh? :)

If you can shoot holes through the side and top then you're set.
Haha not even. They were the first ones that came up when I searched for "plastic jars" on amazon. And since they're plastic, I'll be able to heat up a needle and poke some holes.

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Haha not even. They were the first ones that came up when I searched for "plastic jars" on amazon. And since they're plastic, I'll be able to heat up a needle and poke some holes.
Cool, try it out, I like Miss Moxies methods though and mine of course too lol... Are the lids for those containers legit?

---------- Post added 01-19-2015 at 09:26 PM ----------

NVm I just had to re look at 'em.. Yea man go for it

---------- Post added 01-19-2015 at 09:28 PM ----------

The factors you are looking at is an enclosure not too large that the T has a hard time finding prey and establishing a home.. Then you want it to spend as much time comfortably as possible for the T in that enclosure, and you need proper ventilation. Whatever meets those standards is fine.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Cool, try it out, I like Miss Moxies methods though and mine of course too lol... Are the lids for those containers legit?

---------- Post added 01-19-2015 at 09:26 PM ----------

NVm I just had to re look at 'em.. Yea man go for it

---------- Post added 01-19-2015 at 09:28 PM ----------

The factors you are looking at is an enclosure not too large that the T has a hard time finding prey and establishing a home.. Then you want it to spend as much time comfortably as possible for the T in that enclosure, and you need proper ventilation. Whatever meets those standards is fine.
Yep, too big and they won't be able to find the prey. Too small and they're cramped. Let us know what you come up with when you get a more firm idea! I'm sure there's more than one person who'd love to help.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
I do not use deli cups, though I will when I have more slings. At the moment I've only got 3 terrestrial slings under an inch.

I use a container like this, found at Hobby Lobby in the painting aisle if you've got any around you and like it. More expensive, but I like the look and the screw on lid. The specimen in there is a big too big but that's before I learned my 'keep multiple sized enclosures ready for unpacking' because I thought that T was going to be smaller than it was.

And all my slings 1.5"+ go into small plastic shoebox enclosures. No pics of that.

Moxies Tubs Are Really Good For Slings What Are Under 1 1/2 Inch ;3 Try Something Like That

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
pretty sure wev rule out the paint can?? personally i woudlnt use the jar in question either would have too much hight or not enough leg room.. the containers.. go for it? i personally get screw on top 16oz cups from walmart its about deep enough for slings to dig [for those brachies we know that love to] and enough room.. mine i burn a hole with a paper clip.

this is what i used before[most my T's too big now].. not as cheap as a free-$0.10 deli. but the pretty tops and no way to half arse the lid ^_^ lol i also felt better about using them as aposed to peel tops [which have snapped from non opening all the way repetitivly]

---------- Post added 01-20-2015 at 08:21 AM ----------

They don't get lost in the wild, so your statement isn't accurate at all.
100% agree!! and even if some do find it too big [i have a ~1" in a 3inX5in thats 4in tall] and he is always at his water dish 4" away from buttow and finds mauled food that is all the way over by the dish. [you can always drop in burrow if your that paranoid tho]

Last edited:

SnowMonkey

Arachnopeon
I have those paint cans. They're really thin, so they're very easy to put holes in with a hot pin. They're crystal clear and look great. I currently have a Gasteracantha cancriformes eggsack in one, and a Narceus americanus in another.

One bad thing, though. The metal rusts fast! These are good for temp use, or very dry use, but they won't last long if you have any moisture touching the metal.