Cobalt Blue very sad

TaylorW

Arachnopeon
yep healthy...haplopelmas dont have huge abdomens to begin with..
i think what it mainly was was the environment it lived in looked horrible and it made the whole picture look bad. between the 7 dead rotting crickets and the 1" hardened sand, oh and lets not forget them only using a small water dish that was empty half the time i went in as its only source of moisture the whole thing just looked horrible. this is the first cobalt blue ive seen in person so i wasnt sure about the abdomen so thanks for the insight cause thats one of the things that caught my eye. i'd hate to see it unhealthy if this is normal. even tho they are terrestrial and big burrowers they sure can climb.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
not a problem man...i understand how pet stores keep them...the pet store i go to keeps avics the same way....i bought one there once, and it is a little girl...but i wont buy anymore from there...and yeah they are intimidating...my 5"+ female jumped out of her deli cup past my girlfiends face when i got her and was unpacking her...freaked my girlfriend out bigtime...i decided to trade her off cause im not big on burrowers, but now the gf wont let me...shes pretty....and they are not terrestrial...they are obligate burrowers....just so you know...mine used to be extremely deffensive, but has really calmed down...i can take a paintbrush and walk her around like she is a avic...but i still know to pay super close attention when i have to move her....
i think what it mainly was was the environment it lived in looked horrible and it made the whole picture look bad. between the 7 dead rotting crickets and the 1" hardened sand, oh and lets not forget them only using a small water dish that was empty half the time i went in as its only source of moisture the whole thing just looked horrible. this is the first cobalt blue ive seen in person so i wasnt sure about the abdomen so thanks for the insight cause thats one of the things that caught my eye. i'd hate to see it unhealthy if this is normal. even tho they are terrestrial and big burrowers they sure can climb.

TaylorW

Arachnopeon
not a problem man...i understand how pet stores keep them...the pet store i go to keeps avics the same way....i bought one there once, and it is a little girl...but i wont buy anymore from there...and yeah they are intimidating...my 5"+ female jumped out of her deli cup past my girlfiends face when i got her and was unpacking her...freaked my girlfriend out bigtime...i decided to trade her off cause im not big on burrowers, but now the gf wont let me...shes pretty....and they are not terrestrial...they are obligate burrowers....just so you know...mine used to be extremely deffensive, but has really calmed down...i can take a paintbrush and walk her around like she is a avic...but i still know to pay super close attention when i have to move her....
I'm hoping eventually mine becomes more docile like yours.

scuba113

Arachnosquire
good job man on saving that T i hate when pet stores like that cant care for them and just set it and not care for the tarantulas. The pictures of it look great congrats on that.