Collections & Cash

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
ONE !! Number 2 is being shipped Monday. I have been collecting and raising snakes and insects for 30 years. Just never got a T. Hope to get around 10 by the end of the year. The one I have is a 2 1/2" Grammostola pulchripes – Chaco Golden Knee. The one coming is a 2+" Venezuelan SunTiger Psalmopoeus irminia. Did trades for both of them so I'm only out a couple dollars for clear shoeboxes.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
My son and I have only been keeping Ts for a year and a bit but there is just one more I'd like , a C fasciatum to complete our collection..

My sons:-
P. vittata
G. rosea

1 OW, 1NW

Mine:-
P. murinus usambara
P. metallica
L. parahybana x 2
H. incei x 3
C. schioedtei
B. albopilosum

3 OW, 6 NW

Total cost £136/ $225 for Ts, about £20/$33, for equipment as I already had a lot spare, food is around £7/$12 per month

gobey

Arachnoknight
Ok so I'm only 10 weeks in.

If you want to include EVERYTHING
Substrate, decorations, water dishes, tongs, books, etc.... plus the tarantulas. I'm at about $350 probably. That's rounding up safely. So I've probably spent a little less.

I have 7 tarantulas.

2x Lasiodora Parahybana. Bought at 3.5" And 4" both about to molt. - both in large reptile bins
2x Brachypelma Albopilosum .5" -deli cup
1 H. Maculata .5"- deli cup
1 G. Rosea/Porteri 4" Female- $5 Wal-Mart tub converted into terrarium
1 A. Avicularia 3" -large KK

Substrates- eco earth and exo terra plantation soil
Hides- cork bark and various turtle hut half logs, fake plants

darthcider

Arachnopeon
Only 2 months in, so not much cash spent so far:
G. rosea sling £1.50
C. elegans juvie £10
Gbb titchy tiny sling £12

Possibly £30 in all, I feel like a fraud, but with 3 T shops fairly close, I'm sure that will change.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
12 tarantulas two of which are arboreal the rest are terrestrial and 30 slings also terrestrial. Total cost for spiders $50. Cost of enclosures around $100. Only thing that really cost is feeders which will hopefully be resolved in a month or two. No one has a problem with huge spiders but freak out over crickets and roaches.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Used to be large to gigantic, now it's on the high end of medium. I generally am focusing on those species I or my fiancée especially enjoy. As for how much I have spent, dunno. Couldn't even guess.

---------- Post added 08-25-2014 at 06:01 PM ----------

Only 2 months in, so not much cash spent so far:
G. rosea sling £1.50
C. elegans juvie £10
Gbb titchy tiny sling £12

Possibly £30 in all, I feel like a fraud, but with 3 T shops fairly close, I'm sure that will change.
Why? There's no rule that says you have to have "x" number of tarantulas. Buy what you like cause you like it, and don't worry if you only have three. Enjoy what you have. :)

iemmaamme

Arachnopeon
Teeny collection so far of 5 Ts, all NW. Two arboreals, a "semi-arboreal" and two terrestrials.
GBB - 35 + 40 for fast shipping
L Difficilis - Freebie
3" Smithi, A Avic & A Geroldi Slings - 145, no shipping

I also insisted on making my own AMAC acrylic enclosures, so had to order in the vents & such. I'd say with substrate, cork bark, The Tarantula Keepers Guide & the Ts themselves I've probably spent close to (over) $300 in the past two months.