Could this tank work for an A. geniculata?

RufusLoacker

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I have this glass tank lying around and it'd be awesome if I could use it for my T, which is still small (4cm body) but growing fast.
20cm height, 30cm width, 35cm depth.

My main concern is ventilation, since there is only a grill on the front and one on the top, in the back. I could build an acrylic top with additional vent holes, and try to drill some holes in the glass sides (but I'm a little wary of that).
Also, I'm not sure if there is enough space for substrate, since I can only put 8cm without blocking the front grill.

Thoughts?

photo_2024-04-14_16-06-38.jpg
photo_2024-04-14_16-06-31.jpg
photo_2024-04-14_16-06-34.jpg
photo_2024-04-14_16-06-35.jpg

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
The grill at the front bottom is good and I agree with adding more ventilation at the top, but otherwise I’d use it. Genics don’t have a big problem finding and attacking food, so I house mine on the large size. That being said, that enclosure is reallllly large. I’d start with one a bit smaller and graduate to that one. 4x the dls is the max I’d go personally.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
dont chase humidity numbers etc.just give it a wide water dish flooded over now and then. that glass cage will be easy to see if your making the dirt to wet

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
This is a heavy bodied terrestrial, and more than 1.5ish times the DLS is a fall hazard. I’d raise that level and put some fake plants in near the grate where you can’t go higher with the substrate.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Hi all, I have this glass tank lying around and it'd be awesome if I could use it for my T, which is still small (4cm body) but growing fast.
20cm height, 30cm width, 35cm depth.

My main concern is ventilation, since there is only a grill on the front and one on the top, in the back. I could build an acrylic top with additional vent holes, and try to drill some holes in the glass sides (but I'm a little wary of that).
Also, I'm not sure if there is enough space for substrate, since I can only put 8cm without blocking the front grill.

Thoughts?

View attachment 470895
View attachment 470896
View attachment 470897
View attachment 470898
What’s the leg span? in inches.

RufusLoacker

Arachnopeon
What’s the leg span? in inches.
Around 2.5 inches, possibly a little more
This is a heavy bodied terrestrial, and more than 1.5ish times the DLS is a fall hazard. I’d raise that level and put some fake plants in near the grate where you can’t go higher with the substrate.
Thanks for the fake plant suggestion! Currently, the maximum height is a little less than 2x DLS