Craigslist Ts

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that looks to be it actually. I was thinking he could have a hybrid but it seems now that he could have a very special one!
Like I said ive only ever owned two brachys and 1 is a b Emilia so I just knew it wasnt that lol

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that looks to be it actually. I was thinking he could have a hybrid but it seems now that he could have a very special one!
But Brachypelma baumgarteni has red patellas and does not have a black triangle on the cephalothorax :biggrin:

CrystalRose's picture shows black patellas and a black triangle on the cephalothorax

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Wow! She is very pretty. Looks like a Brachypelma emilia to me. :biggrin:
Lol, that one is definitely B. emilia, but the others were referencing the pictures in the OPs original post, referencing the second T as "Mexican Red Leg". Mexican Red Leg is the common name for Brachypelma emilia, which that T is not. Probably the seller intended to sell it as "Mexican Fire Leg" or Brachypelma boehmei, but the tarantula in question does look more like B. baumgarteni. It's a nice deal either way, with B. baumgarteni being a nicer find.

EDIT: There is absolutely no B. smithi pictured in this thread so far, so scratch that one off lol. And B. baumgarteni does have a darker black triangle on the prosoma, it just gets muddled by more black on the remainder of the carapace. But never mind that. The only confusion MrCrackerpants is that you're mixing up the pictures we're talking about. The picture of B. emilia is a B. emilia. We're talking about the second picture in the original thread starting post.

Last edited:

gizmosdeath

Arachnopeon
I try to check Craigslist every couple of days. So far I have found a pair of MF GBBs for $200, a MF L. Violaceopes for $75 and the guy also gave me a MF P. Ornata for free. My most recent haul though was $400 for 11 T's, all adults, and most were females. Oh, I also bought an MF OBT for $20, not too long ago, who is now gravid. The person that sold me the OBT also just recently offered to sell her whole collection to me for a really good price but I was too broke to buy them. I can say that it has been well worth keeping tabs on CL for T's for me. I do also see alot of rosies as well and most of the time they are super expensive.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's not just me that thinks the "Mexican red leg" looks a little off, right? I don't think B.Emilia has that muck black on its carapace. Aren't they supposed to just have the triangle? Maybe I'm just going crazy.
That is the B. emilia.

Jose

---------- Post added 04-22-2014 at 06:46 PM ----------

I've gotten some pretty good deals by getting Ts on Craigslist. Last summer I got an adult GBB and Mexican Redleg from this guy for $100 for the pair, both very beautiful and good Ts. This past weekend I picked up an adult rosie with hide, water dish, substrate, and large Critter Keeper all for $15! I've never had much interest in a rosie, but for that deal I couldn't say no!
I'm just curious if anyone else checks craigslist for Ts.

View attachment 126177 View attachment 126175 View attachment 126176
The second photo that is suppose to be B. boehmei is actually the B. baumgarteni orange form hybrid as I like to call it. This is such a shame that the real baumgarteni thru out the years got bred with the B. boehmei.

Jose

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is the B. emilia.

Jose
Jose the beautiful t that crystalrose posted isnt the one in question. Its the second pic posted in the original post thats up for debate most on here think thats not a b Emilia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jose the beautiful t that crystalrose posted isnt the one in question. Its the second pic posted in the original post thats up for debate most on here think thats not a b Emilia
Okay got ya! I did posted about that particular spider and that is the Brachypelma baumgarteni/boehmei orange form hybrid that has been bred more than once thru out the years. They are everywhere in all different sizes, now it makes me wonder how many more people are going to breed the two together again.

Jose

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol, that one is definitely B. emilia, but the others were referencing the pictures in the OPs original post, referencing the second T as "Mexican Red Leg". Mexican Red Leg is the common name for Brachypelma emilia, which that T is not. Probably the seller intended to sell it as "Mexican Fire Leg" or Brachypelma boehmei, but the tarantula in question does look more like B. baumgarteni. It's a nice deal either way, with B. baumgarteni being a nicer find.

EDIT: There is absolutely no B. smithi pictured in this thread so far, so scratch that one off lol. And B. baumgarteni does have a darker black triangle on the prosoma, it just gets muddled by more black on the remainder of the carapace. But never mind that. The only confusion MrCrackerpants is that you're mixing up the pictures we're talking about. The picture of B. emilia is a B. emilia. We're talking about the second picture in the original thread starting post.
Thanks, Keith B :biggrin:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I got my G. Pulchripes sling for $10 on craigslist. I think I spent more on the gas to drive there than I did on the spider.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay got ya! I did posted about that particular spider and that is the Brachypelma baumgarteni/boehmei orange form hybrid that has been bred more than once thru out the years.

Jose
Yeah I noticed just as I was posting a reply by then it was too late lol

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bummer...I did not know about this. :o_O:

Can you provide more details?
Here is my 4.5" inch male that molted three weeks ago. If you have lots of time to read follow this thread http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?248735-B.-baumgarteni it will be very useful for a lot of you guys. At first I thought I had the real baumgarteni. After doing a lot of research on my own and what has been said on the thread it is definitely hybrid. Not unless both boehmei and baumgarteni can actually be the same species Just different locality. That is a question that will remain until DNA testing gets done on the baumgarteni. The problem now that a lot of you guys will have a hard time to know the difference between the two species if in fact they are two different species. If both are two different species they are able to breed with one another and able to produce off springs.

Brachypelma baumgarteni/boehmei "Orange Form Hybrid"

Jose

Last edited:

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
I bought a litter (60) of A.avics off of CL,as well as 4 L.difficilis,and several colonies of dubia roaches. Sold some,too.Meet some nuts on the way....

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is my 4.5" inch male that molted three weeks ago. If you have lots of time to read follow this thread http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?248735-B.-baumgarteni it will be very useful for a lot of you guys. At first I thought I had the real baumgarteni. After doing a lot of research on my own and what has been said on the thread it is definitely hybrid. Not unless both boehmei and baumgarteni can actually be the same species Just different locality. That is a question that will remain until DNA testing gets done on the baumgarteni. The problem now that a lot of you guys will have a hard time to know the difference between the two species if in fact they are two different species. If both are two different species they are able to breed with one another and able to produce off springs.

Brachypelma baumgarteni/boehmei "Orange Form Hybrid"

Jose
Thanks for the added information. :biggrin::biggrin:

A very interesting read. It would appear that as time moves on the potential for more hybrids is apparent. :bruised: