Crazy find in my lateralis tub

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Coolest thing I've read in a while -- that he survived and where you found him! I imagine that's as close to T heaven as a T can get -- am all-you-eat T buffet indeed!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wouldnt know. They were actually all spoken for before the escaped the incubator. All of them got packed and shipped out, so i dont have anything to compare to. But i would guess this one is alot bigger. And after examining a molt i found i do think its a female. She pretty much just sat between two egg flats for the longest time, and recently moved below all of the egg flats and is now just sitting where the last picture shows. She kind of uses the dimples in the flats as hides.
Woah wow. This is absolutely amazing! My questions is if he is bigger than his siblings, what with having a never ending food supply and all.

I was reading this thread and laughin with each post. I'm amazed to see this spider is doing so awesomely! Can we get any more pictures if he's set up a little nest or something? It's hard to believe he's been undisturbed every molt so far.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 07:35 AM ----------

Yep still in the roach tub. Takes seconds, because i know where she is everytime.
Isn't he still in the roach tub? How long does it take you to locate it in there?

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 07:36 AM ----------

Im not sure if ill be getting rid of this one or not. Hard to say, but if that time comes, you have dibs.
Haha wow i knew you said you was gona leave him in there for a bit but dang didnt think you was a man of u word there lmao.

Can i place a reservation for this gal(if gal) for when u finally remove it? XD after such a great story behind it i kinda want it bahaha (sry im greedy n selfish lol)

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I havent checked the dubia colony yet. But will probably do that soon. Im not sure if ill keep this one or not though, because in the spring im going to downsize some new worlds, and vagans are definitely a species that one is enough of. Im wondering if the lateralis treat the vagans as if its their "Kong", and give it sacrifices to appease it? And over a year with absolutely no water, definitely shows how tarantulas dont need us to overthink everything for them.

Kong lol yeah you bet he was you took him from island. shame on you John put him back those natives want know how to act with him gone, he was like a catfish just wait for the meal to get close :)

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
If anything,you proved you can't overfeed a sling! Another pioneering advancement.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is interesting indeed, that T is thinking "well this is more fun than shooting fish in a barrel"

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Im not sure if ill be getting rid of this one or not. Hard to say, but if that time comes, you have dibs.
lol thanks great to know.. it is a neat little experiment tho love the updating too ^_^ it brightens up my week tbh lol

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well unfortunately this little FEMALE was eaten alive. I found a over abundance of male lateralis that matured in the tub, a fresh molt from the vagans, but no vagans. Im guessing the male lateralis are the ones that ate her after her molt. Wish i had taken her out before that. But after her being in there this long i kind of thought maybe her luck wasnt going to run out.

cold blood

Staff member
So much for the commonly held beliefs that roaches are safe enough feeders to just let run loose in cages and that they won't eat a molting t....sad, but educational none-the-less.

Were you keeping a regular eye on it catfish?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Awe sad day.. Did you find a leg or anything that makes you think it was eaten and not just off and running like she did to get in there?

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
So much for the commonly held beliefs that roaches are safe enough feeders to just let run loose in cages and that they won't eat a molting t....sad, but educational none-the-less.

Were you keeping a regular eye on it catfish?

I never leave any sort of food in my Ts enclosures... Roaches or not, they are still a threat and I really don't like taking risks with my Ts.