Crystal clear, super cheap, gift boxes as enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
don't want any of you old geezers to have a heart attack, just trying to lighten the mood.
After being the one that darkened the mood up until now. You're taking this too seriously. Follow the advice on your signature line.

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
After being the one that darkened the mood up until now. You're taking this too seriously. Follow the advice on your signature line.
I was doing fine until you replied to my OP with a condescending and patronising tone. Just go away and leave me alone, please.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was doing fine until you replied to my OP with a condescending and patronising tone. Just go away and leave me alone, please.
"Tone" is hard to read into the printed word unless you're looking for or expecting condescension or patronization. All printed matter on an internet forum needs to be taken with the proverbial grain of salt. Your questions were answered in a straight forward manner. We old geezers don't tend to sugarcoat things or waste time beating around bushes. :)

If you feel those boxes are appropriate for animals who have been documented to chew through wire screen and 3/8" acrylic, then go right ahead. There are some individuals who might allow themselves to be safely contained within such a flimsy barrier. Others will have you calling out a search party or pulling out the super glue and cornstarch to treat injuries. Please post an update down the road on how these containers work out for you.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
HAHAHAHAHAHA>..... Pyro a geezer!! I'll be laughing at that one for a while.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are actually 12 millimeters thick, and thicker and stronger than the standard deli cups every raves about. So what's the big deal, why is everybody freaking out. As I mentioned in the original post, they would be used in the young adult stage between Deli Cup and final stage vivarium
In the picture no one can tell their full dimensions. Reading the description/design/look/intended use reminded me, and I think others, of those folding, highly flexible "gift" boxes we see in stores. I see folding box, I think gaps, gaps made for Ts fangs. And like others mentioned that's all a determined T needs to mount an escape. From their perspective they were looking out for YOU and YOUR animals. Remember, from their perspective, which was looking at a poor quality image in 2 dimensions of a proposed T container.

Now, I won't speak for others, but at 1 year in the hobby,you are still new by any sane person's judgement I suspect. I've been in it for over 20 years and I'm STILL learning interesting things about species that have been in the hobby longer than I've been in it myself. I consider myself NEW if that gives any indication of where I'm coming from. So if you even take what I said as an insult, and reply back with the same disgusting, name calling, and ridiculously childish behavior as you did with others. DO NOT BOTHER.

I can't think of single area (I'm sure there's one) where someone with 1 years experience wouldn't be considered new. Let's see mechanic, surgeon, teaching, police officer, driving, athletics, RC car racing, 1 year experience only, still new.

Your disgusting diatribe in this thread which violated the board's Terms of Service, three times, is not necessary nor welcome.

Name calling, disrespect and jumping to conclusions?? You write/act like you are 4 yrs old, your offensive behavior is absolutely disgusting beyond description.

---------- Post added 11-29-2014 at 01:46 PM ----------

HAHAHAHAHAHA>..... Pyro a geezer!! I'll be laughing at that one for a while.
Well Pyro has been collecting Social Security for the past 15 years, he's definitely past his prime hahahaha :clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
See a person like you would just ignore all professional advice from people who know about spiders, get the container, then start a thread a week later titled, 'Omg my tarantula escaped!?!?!'. People have come here before, tried to tell experienced hobbyist that they're wrong and end with with an escaped or dead spider. Just accept the advice that the container is too thin and grow up and get a thicker skin.

Also, they're not even cheap, they're $25, now putting that into euros, that's €20. I've used strong, sturdy shoebox containers that close shut that I keep strong terrestrials in and I bought them for €3.50 each, or $4.30. I don't understand why you're so defensive about these flimsy things.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My goodness, I hope you feel better now that you've scolded me.
Well I see you've now resorted to acting like a child. Good for you. We've seen people like you before, and I'm sure we'll see people like you again. No need to get upset because you can't take advice and cannot accept the fact that you're wrong.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aw, now he is playing victim. Seriously though, I would go to the eye doctor, I can not see any way that could possibly work for a tarantula. There is openings on every side, that would be no problem for a tarantula to get out of, at any size. I get it is cheaper but that doesn't mean it is good. Certain things shouldn't be used as a home for a tarantula....this is one of them. Just spend about $5 more and get yourself something secure.

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
Well, turns out it's a moot point. Just found a Container Store 5 minutes away. Headed there now, later.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This isn't a debate, it is obviously a flawed idea. Maybe if you see it in person and waste some money, you might see why it wont work. Hopefully you don't find out by your T's escaping though...

MagicalLobster

Arachnosquire
Those won't be good for tarantulas because they will escape, as others have said. Container store has some good shoe box options for bigger t's but these will not hold up. Just use deli cups! They work great and are usually free at your neighborhood grocery store.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Thread closed

This entire thread has utterly no redeeming qualities so it is being shut down. I would hand out infractions but it just isn't worth my time. If you can't play nice, back away from the screen and get some face time with actual human beings. You know, in person? In some cases here, it is obvious that it is sorely needed. If that's not an option then I know of a busy street you can play in...

Status
Not open for further replies.