Cyriocosmus elegans

Crounchaholic

Arachnopeon
I've kept the soil moist during the whole time, I keep it in a kritter keeper and it's very well ventilated and check the temperature frequently, it's always at around 22-27 degrees and I also have a hydrometer to make sure it's not too dry. I don't know when it last molt because it was given to me about 1 month and a half ago and it hasn't molted since. I sure hope it's ok :?

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Neat little spiders, one of my favorite T species!
Keep us updated Crouch.

sauron1209

Arachnopeon
i know a guy, im not sure if you know him, that might be able to help. tell him i sent you. his name is upwith inverts!

night4now

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Also...

kbekker on here has some slings I just bought. He was willing to give lots of info. Can always ask him

MIC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've bought my first 0,7 cm (leg span) sling C.elegans in October 2007. After 4 molts he molted again as a male in June 2008 and died after almost a year in May 2009.

In the meantime i succeeded in finding a mature female, in September 2009 and after her molt in January 2009, i tried to mate them, even if the male was already 7 months after his maturation molt. I left them together for a long time when few copulations occurred.

After that, the female was kept in her hiding and until her unexpected and unexplained death :? :8o , in April 2009, consumed just a couple of crickets.

Max dimensions for male = 3,2 cm (leg span) and for female = 4,5 cm (leg span).

Flower

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! Nice to see another in the US :) That makes me feel a bit nervous about finding a mate for mine when it's mature.

-Bryan
I have one also. Kelly Swift had some for awhile -- maybe he still does!