• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Cyriopagopus schioedtei

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
today I was bitten by my Cyriopagopus schioedtei juv . it is 2,5-3 cm of body length ,

I was doing some photos and I just push it 1 step too far. I tried to push her with my finger and then she goes berserker !;P after the bite she was attacking everything that was moving near to her :D

physical damage : 1 bleeding spot( few seconds)

symptoms my finger numbed a little and become a little pinky :] after 30 minutes I feel no pain only when I am bowing it , it hurts a little .. the pain was nothing more than forest ant (Formica fusca) bite

medical attention: non

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This was not an induced bite.

I was trying to get my 1.5" C. schioedtei to stay still for some pictures when it decided to just bite me. I got nailed on the inside of the left ring finger, at the top near the first joint. The spider bit and actually dug in for almost 5 seconds - a "pump and dump". Pain was instantaneous - a sharp, piercing pain (mechanical pain). This was immediately followed by slight swelling and redness and a white raised lump at the bite site, as well as a warm, slightly burning pain (venom pain). As I type this, only a few minutes has elapsed since the bite. My finger is now feeling a little stiff. Nothing major though.

I will update. Meanwhile I'm going to get the pictures I want. ;P

EDIT: Just a dull sensation left - it's so mild I can't even describe it. Swelling and redness have also gone down.

Roughly 24 hours post-bite: There have been no other effects beyond what was posted above. :)

EDIT: Actually, there is some mild stiffness and boneache at the joint where I was bitten. It is so mild I did not notice it until I flexed the finger.

Last edited by a moderator: