Did some rehousing today :)

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
First one is a 9x6x6 tank for my 2-inch Nhandu coloratovillosus.

Second is a 8x4x4 tank for my 2+ inches Brachypelma emilia.

Enjoy the pictures. Comments and suggestions for improvements are much appreciated

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
haha, thats an awsome setup man:clap: love ur creativness!

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hehe. thanks!!

For the first one, should it be more tarantula proof? I wouldn't want the lil fella to fall to its death or hurt itself on the lego....

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
solaceofwinter said:
my first T's home was made out of legos too!
neat! it didn't suffer any injuries from the legos did it? That's what I'm worried about now. Didn't think of this before I put in the lego.. :(

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
solaceofwinter said:
nope, it was okay.:cool:
*phew*

Good then. seems like the lil fella really likes the lego.. it's already webbing upstairs...

My emilia on the other hand.. is climbing the walls... not sure what I should fix...

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The second pic shows a yellow window or grid on the lego house? Is that a solid window or is it just vertical bars like on a jail cell (no offense intended). It looks cool, but if those are vertical bars, I'd be concerned about the T getting stuck. like the head and legs get through and the abdomen gets stuck(if those are just bars).

If there is a clear plastic window there (I can't tell from the pic) it should be fine, if not, then all it needs is some clear plastic attached to the "bars" to make it a solid window (if it isn't already).

Otherwise, it looks pretty good, and more importantly the T likes it :)

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks.

yeah. those are actualy bars. alrighty then. I'll take your advice on adding a plastic sheet behind the bars. :) thanks :)

roberto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The lego house is awesome

Nice patio. You should put in a nice pool for a water dish.

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
roberto said:
Nice patio. You should put in a nice pool for a water dish.
lol! good idea!! too bad my lil fella's too small for a water dish. Maybe after the next molt ;)

PeterKlaasi

Arachnopeon
genius. exellent setup. I was looking for a miniature mailbox myself I can put next to her burrow, you know one of those standing ones with a red flag.
Maybe grow some peyote and other williiamsii cacti in there as the lighting conditions of a terrarium are purfect for these psychoactive inhabitors :D
don't put them in with T. Blondi though as they are absolutely reluctant for wetness of anykind, save watering... :?

Last edited:

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that would look sweet! ;)

I was thinking of growing hair cap moss in future either for my N color, my A genic or both (when they're ar least juvie size of course)

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Smelly... if you see that T climbing a lot I'd be worried about the sharp edges of the Lego. It makes a fall quite dangerous. But it's a funny idea no doubt.

PeterKlaasi: No cacti in a T tank! You get an impaled T in no time! It doesn't even need to fall on it, it's enough that it's pursueing a cricket at high speed for it to get a leg pinned on a spine or something.

Edit: Unless williiamsii are without spines (I wouldn't know).

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice colorfull tank there. Most of my tanks are bare with just a hide or bottle caps for water. I have used some aquarium display fixtures that add interest to the bigger tanks and also work as hides.

Sharon