Do all Avics make webs?

scaramanga

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah, that explains a lot!

Socrates. My avic (that im sure is exactly the same as yours) has spu very little since putting it into its new larger home but when i bought it, it was in a coffee cup, web everywhere! Then i put it in a 2L plastic bottle, again, webbed everywhere but it took a few days. I think they just like to have a look around and find the best place before the next molt.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not to kill the theroies on avic. avic.'s and webbing but i have had mine in a vertical 20 gallon tank ( i stacked 2 10 gal tanks and removed the bottom making a huge 20 gal) i have had them since april 12 of this year and they webbed one time, a week later when i had to change substrate because of a mold problem their webs had to be removed (mold was same color as webs, i did not want to take a chance) i removed the webbing and have not seen ANY webbing at all since then. 2 months and no webs. but they love the glass and seem to ignore the bottom or the limbs i have in there.

eksong

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Socrates,

My versi did not web for the first week after I put her in her first enclosure. Since then, I've changed containers almost every molt and each time, it builds a new web almost overnight.

This is a temporary kritter keeper (I am out of kimchee jars!). She's only been in the container for 4 days!

Fortunately for me, it's webbed near the bottom!

Last edited: