Does anybody know what's wrong with my MHC?

emmaroaches

Arachnopeon
1000011285.jpg 1000011288.jpg She's had this white area on her butt as well as her being fat. She's been eating a lot as well. I'm thinking she's pregnant, but she's been this way for almost 2 weeks now. 1000011289.jpg 1000011287.jpg

gzophia

Arachnoknight

gzophia

Arachnoknight
What should I do to help her?
I believe moisture is important for gravid females; how is your tank setup like? It shouldn't be too dry.
When I was much younger, I kept a female on dry substrate, and all her eggs died. She lived, but it was not a pleasant experience.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I believe moisture is important for gravid females; how is your tank setup like? It shouldn't be too dry.
When I was much younger, I kept a female on dry substrate, and all her eggs died. She lived, but it was not a pleasant experience.
Ahh this species needs more moisture than say dubia or typical species . Hissing roaches are too big for feeders but sound like good Pets.

gzophia

Arachnoknight
Ahh this species needs more moisture than say dubia or typical species . Hissing roaches are too big for feeders but sound like good Pets.
Hundred percent; my current roaches are kept nice and moist and do much better. They lose limb segments, dob't grow as big, and can have birthing issues if kept too dry.

444 critters

Arachnosquire
I keep my MHC on a dry oat substrate, but I do keep water crystals in enclosure and I mist the egg cartons quite often 2-3 times a week or so to keep the humidity up. There is a difference between wet substrate and humidity. I do keep wide horned hissers and Halloween hissers, both of which have been breeding quite well as of late.

In regards to the one pictured, it does indeed look pregnant, they take awhile to have their babies about 60-80 days if I remember correctly.. they have eggs that hatch inside the cockroach itself and it will push it out and pull it back in periodically. I would keep the enclosure more on the humid side though. It really helps with molting and births