Does anyone know how potent Scolopendra viridis venom is?

ozzymandias

Arachnopeon
Probably not a good idea to handle it. That being said, I don't think it's venom is deadly...

You could check out this thread:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Probably not a good idea to handle it. That being said, I don't think it's venom is deadly...

There was a long thread. Some guy came here saying he could tame his centipede.. I disagreed with him. I can’t remember the name of this thread right now. I don’t know where people are getting this information. ℹ😵💫

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

I couldn’t find the thread, but I found this information. Handling is debated here.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
We've had several chomps from them around here. Not considered deadly, but commonly known to cause neurological symptoms; twitching, spasms, partial loss of motor control, memory lapses and chorea that can go on for days, weeks and even have minor symptoms up to several months later. (Serotonin imbalance/dysfunction - dyskinesias). The survey I read was of several victims all under the age of ten, and bites were from singular up to approximately 20. Apparently they can bite more than once per second.

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
In my opinion centipedes are fascinating and beautiful animals, but ones that should be appreciated from a distance. All of the bite reports I've come across involved handling. They are wild animals and can be unpredictable. If a sudden movement or other stimulus spooks them or triggers a feeding response, there is always the risk of a bite. Similar to handling OW tarantulas or scorpions. It's your choice, but be informed of the risks to both you and the centipede.