Emperor spends a lot of active time scrabbling up wall of tank...normal?

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How much would the heat pad cost? I already have 25w blue bulb and am about to buy like a 6 dollar carpenters lamp from home depot, hehe..

If the pad is less than ten dollars or close to it.. then maybe. :)

No matter how hard I search I can't seem to find a price on them anywhere

WorldTour

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I picked up a big one for the 29.5 gallon for $14 and I got the 10gal one for $11 at a local pet shop, but prices do vary.

-mark

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Okay, I just made a mistake :/ I took a picture of the little bastard.. because I've been dying to.. and in order to do it, I had to move his hide.. and made him go into attack stance..

I feel like a mother who accidentally pinched her baby.. I feel bad :/ I got a not great picture out of it, though. heh.

Learned meself a lesson!

WorldTour

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah but "attack stance" makes for good pictures. So does allowing it to rest on your arm! haha ;P :D

-Mark

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah, hehe, he was scrunched up when I took the picture..

Since he's still new to his home I figured I should leave him sleep during the day and try for pictures at night while he's out..

I should get a good picture of his stinger embedded in my hand.

WorldTour

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
did you get stung? if you did you should add it to the sting reports

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
WorldTour said:
did you get stung? if you did you should add it to the sting reports

Oh no, I didn't actually get stung, just looked like he wanted to. :)

If I ever do (I hope not!) I'll report it. I'm pretty careful with him...even if I'm annoying him, I do it without risking me getting stung.. hehe.

Scorpie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WorldTour said:
I just cleaned the tank a week or so ago and I didn't buy quite enough substrate, so thats this weekends project. The substrate is a mixture of Jungle Mix, Jungle Bark, Black Sand on top of a black gravel & slate base:

Thats a huge tank, have you concidered getting a reptile of some sort for it instead. the scorps dont really need all that hight

WorldTour

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nope, not at all. I'm not a reptile fan & even if I was I travel so much that I really can't keep any. Also, take note what I said when i posted the pics... "I didn't buy enough substrate" Usually the tank is twice a deep w/ substrate and it allows for multiple levels & hides. The tank was also FREE.

-Mark