Genus Ephebopus

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi
I got it from another board member. I'm not too sure where he got it from, but he had it for a while.

Steve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

i'm very sure it is a unmoulted WC.

Cheers,
Steffen

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Steffen, you are correct, it is WC, but a very long time captive. This is from import from Guyana in 2002 or 2003. Even though she needs to molt, she did molt a few times at my place.

I gave her up because I want to rebuild my E. murinus group with specimens I know the exact locality, as I am unable to breed what I have currently at home.

Martin

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well, I will not answer for Martin and Steffen, but for myself, it would be just deduction as usually, big specimens of this species in the hobby are WC. Guyana massively legally exports it's fauna, and the E. murinus we normally have here in North America usually comes from there.

E. murinus is also, in my opinion, by far the hardest Ephebopus spp. to breed, compared to how easy E. cyanognathus, E. uatuman can be bred (I never bred E. rufescens, never got a mature male, so I cannot comment). Babies are not often around and we rarely see big specimen raised from spiderling. That is why I normally assume big ones are WC.

Martin

CWall2001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What I noticed on the one that they said was wildcaught was the joints on the leg look different, almost like they have been rubbed off. What's up with that, or is that just that individual spider? I was wondering the same thing though.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

Sorry, but how can you fellows tell its wild caught?
have a look at the patellas ("knees"). The hairs are rubbed off => it's usually a sign, that the specimen has been shiped in a small box or was for a longer time in a small box. Usually a sign for wildcaught. Lot's of wild caughts have rubbed off patellas, captive bred / kept specimens not.

all the best,
Martin

CWall2001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool that's what I was talking about, that's pretty neat I'd never heard that.

meyken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi

Ephebopus uatuman slings

Ephebopus murinus slings

Ephebopus cyanognathus slings

Cheers,Michael

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Old photos, but I realized I captured the spider not just in its threat posture.

Ephebopus cyanognathus

4tec84

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tunedbeat i see the urticating hairs flying. Amazing capture and awesome lighting! The molt looks life-like almost like you can reach in and grab it. :D

Pro quality!

E, cyano kids

Awesome job Anastasia!
i think these will be my next t for sure.