Euathlus sp Red

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
In the pix, it does look like shallow substrate. Maybe a side pix would put concerns to rest.
Also -- could she get hurt on that water dish -- break a fang if attacking prey near it and missing; or falling on it from glass?
Re: burrowing: I was responding to your quote of other poster re: not enough depth to burrow (should your T choose too). I buried mine's hide half-way with a dug-out and just call that her burrow (but she rarely uses it anyway).

killainstinct

Arachnopeon
Yes, I will try and get a picture from the side of the enclosure to show the depth of the substrate.

What would you recommend I change the dish to instead? I did originally think it was a little big for her, but it came as part of the "kit" I bought. Credit to the seller he did tell me the enclosure may be a little large for her.

Big thank you so far for everyone in the thread that has helped me out!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I use plastic souffle' cups 1 oz, 2 oz, 3.5oz -- just depends on size of T. I double-up and sink them 2/3s or so down into substrate. The bottom cup acts as spaceholder, top cup gets the water.
I have so many pretty water bowls, but don't feel they are safe for my Ts.
Best of luck with your T.
I hope things didn't sound too critical or anything -- we all just love Ts and want the best for them!

Last edited:

killainstinct

Arachnopeon
I will look into getting something to replace the water dish if possible and of course as soon as I can I will get some pictures taken of the enclosure itself.

I'm glad I registered I have a million different concerns so i'm more than glad for the feedback!