Fastest T you've seen?

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have S. calceatum, 1 adult gravid female, 1 really close to adult possible gravid female, and 1 MM....they are pretty fast...only one that i have seen any lightning bolts out of was the mm when the female had enough, and he got spooked by her, then i was trying to catch him with a cup....he was petrified...and i have 3 H. maculatas about 2 1/2".....when they were smaller, i opened one up, misted in its cup, that thing shot out and was 8-10 feet across the room before my eyes could tell my brain what happened....so far thats the fastest ive seen..
Nightmare time. I've read alot about the S calceatum online and I can honestly say I don't want one but I'm fascinated by them.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
they are not that bad at all...really cool T's....basically if you can own a regalis, then you can own a calceatum...i have never had any threats or anything...they just seem to slowly hide just like my pokies...and when i was pairing..my mm got alot of cupping time..i just completely open his enclosure, brush him up to the side with a paintbrush, then stick the cup over him, and slide the lid behind....never had any problems....it would be cool to see more people owning these
Nightmare time. I've read alot about the S calceatum online and I can honestly say I don't want one but I'm fascinated by them.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
really no other mentions of H. macs?
My H. Mac is pretty quick. From my collection my juvi E. rufescens (have two that are sisters) are very fast and always seem to escape every time I transfer them to different enclosures.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the responses to everyone! Glad to know I'm not a total pansy for thinking my P cambridgei are fast! I was thinking of a snatching a few T gigas next time I saw some available, but maybe I'll wait til I can handle Psalmos no problem.

synyster

Arachnobaron
Don't be mistaken, P cambridgei are fast. Faster than the other Pslamo's I have dealt with. I've heard that P. pulcher is something too, but have yet to mine bolt. H. maculata and S. calceatum are faster than Psalmo's by a mile. T. gigas is one of the fastest, but I'm agreeing to pretty much any Heterothele or Iridopelma species for the win.

I would say that all Poecilotheria aren't as fast as the genera mentioned above...

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The cambridgei I unpacked last week were darn near as fast as T.gigas.I was pretty surprised.

ZX14

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Featherleg Baboon......

I got my first Pokies (striata and regalis) around April or May of this year. I ignored all the horror stories about losing them because of their speed and such, but I never had a problem with it. From .75" all the way to 3" I have never had them be unmanageably fast.

About six weeks ago I got my first Avic slings. They're easy. On the same day I got my first four P cambridgei slings, each around 1". Holy bleep guys! They are so ridiculously fast. Am I imagining it, or are they really considerably faster than Pokies? They can run around the little deli cups eighteen times in a split second! I love it! Fortunately as they're growing they're slowing down (or at least proportionally compared to their bodies).

What's the fastest T you've seen with your own two eyes? The reason I ask is people say Pokies and OBTs are fast, but I haven't had a problem with those (haven't had an OBT yet), whereas I never hear about Psalmos being unmanageably speedy.

Input?
My vote would be for my late Stromatopelma calcaeatum....the featherleg Baboon.......

RichRollin

Arachnopeon
H. lividum. I've had them explode out of their burrows faster than any arboreals I've owned.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From my experience, H. macs have been my speediest. Psalmos are few steps behind and pokies behind them. OBTs are pretty quick as are some Selenocosmia. But yeah, H. macs are nuts lol

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My lil P. Parvula, its pretty darn quick but hey what do i know its only my second T.

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think psalms are def faster then pokies however i did have an 2.5" female regalis run up her enclosure bolt onto the floor and disappear forever through a tiny opening in bottom of a wall before i could even plot my next move. my female H.mac gave me the heebie jeebies she was so fast and defensive I traded her off