Featherleg or earth tiger?

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you can still be nice without" sugarcoating" things. I can be blunt when I need to be but I prefer to explain things in a friendlier manner because that's how I'd like t be treated.

I agree with poec about not rushing things. It's not always easy to resist some of the great looking feisty species, but it's usually worth the wait.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I vowed from day one that i was going to go at a slower pace since i am still an arachnophobe.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I vowed from day one that i was going to go at a slower pace since i am still an arachnophobe.
Well that should help slow you down. All the species you mentioned in your other post should be calm and simple to care for. If you do get a sling (baby tarantula under 2 inches), be aware that it will grow slow but that will be ideal for you so you can gradually grow with it.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As a little sidenote: By taking "stepping stones" it's meant in such way that you should "grow with the T in question" basically. Buying a sling, raising it for a month or two and then assuming one is ready for more is a fools errand in my opinion. Once those T's are adult with you having no problems still, that would be showing you adjusted to dealing with them. Keep the species you get for a good while before hopping into the next realm. Although, some people get the hang of keeping these animals quicker than others and advance quicker - there's no measuring tool really, besides common sense, confidence and experiencing no problems while doing all the things needed around the T.

Good luck!

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Will need it, as i may have a good deal for a couple B. Albopilosum slings

320TONY

Arachnopeon
Thats why I secure all drains and cracks get every thing ready and rehouse in the bathtub in my tighty whiteys! Not a pretty sight but has worked so far. :)