fell into a guine pig

Dreaddinit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Holy crap! She looks just like the one I had. We called her house cat because she was huge!. Vitamin C, tons of hay literally, lots of water. Just be careful with certain fruits and veggies. If she eats anything to acidic she can get blisters in/around her mouth and if she eats things like bananas she can get the squirts and die. check google for a good forum they have lists of stuff they can eat, why it's good for them and how much at a time.

Word from the wise. Give them looooot's of room to play, a hide (big one because they get quite bigger than you think) Never leave a window open by her cage:eek: Thats how mine died. She got a cold and it's very deadly to them. Good luck! They are a joy to have around I miss mine alot.

JCola

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Avice from a pig owner

Congrats on your new piggy! I have two, and I love them!

First off, Vitamin C drops in water don't work (denatures in sunlight)! They need it from fresh veggies, because it doesn't have a long shelf life in pellets. Mine get a handful of lettuce, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, and some bell pepper each. Cucumber is also good; avoid bananas, broccoli, and very acidic citrus fruits. Try to give her a nice varied diet, and she'll have all the vitamins she needs. Timothy hay is a must (alfalfa has too much calcium for a full grown pig). It helps them wear down their teeth and helps their digestion. They can live anywhere from 5-7 years. They're also really social, and having one isn't really less work than two, so if you can, consider getting her a friend.

On cutting her nails, I use small nail clippers and hold the pigs tight to my body just leaking out the one foot I need. Just like with a person's nails, don't cut up to the pink! If her nails are dark or black, be even more careful, just trim a little at a time. If you do happen to cut her, clean it carefully, and keep an eye on it, should be fine.

This is a pretty good site. A little crazy about the anti-breeding stance, but lots of helpful advice about proper care. <http://www.guineapigcages.com/> There's also a forum where you can ask about anything you want.

Enjoy her!

Tarantulysis

Arachnopeon
http://www.guinealynx.info/diet.html this helps me.theyre like any other animal/person every one is different.mine is a male,and he will bite in a heartbeat!nothing personal thats just what he does.I've had others who would never bite-and loved baths,but this one hates them.I dont know why I keep saying 'mine',we bought it for our daughter but its partial to my wife and shes fond of it as well (she always hated these things).Nevertheless these are very cool pets and you have to read thier history as to why they're called guinea pigs.It'll give you a respect for your new pet.By the way dont sweat the hair-do,thats probably just its style!

HankyPankyRoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine is very vocal, and he let's you know when he wants something! He's 5 1/2 years old now.:D

Spider-Spazz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wait till she runs out of food or water because it knocked it over, or chewed the bottle and all the water came out. Then you will think differently. I bred these guys for 2 years. I never used any vit C supplements, although everyone says to do so, I never had a problem. Finally had enough of their screaming and got rid of the over grown rats.
Oi, a bit harsh there eh? I love these animals.
Although I prefer ferrets, they're awesome.