Finally! scored good deal @ petstore

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
8 leg wonder said:
Hey Manville if Cobblehill is close to Chilliwack quit paying so much for Ts and shop out here (Animal House Located on Luckucuck[spelling?]way across from futureshop)
I dont know where chilliwack is. I dont think it is anywhere close to Cobble Hill though. I would shop there if i live close to there.

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So, moved the male and demale into the same enclosure, but I shark tanked them.
The female was so docile... I tried to herd her into a flower pot to transport her out of the old cage using the mister, but she just sat there and said "let it rain". I then had to prod her one step at a time with a straw. When she finally got in the pot, she then decided to kick some hairs to show her displeasure. But she's off the yucky bark now and has a nice burrow and a hide. (best for breeding to provide more than one)
Will keep you guys posted as to any mating stories.

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Great deal, I should get more skilled in identifing species in case I would ever come across such a bargian.
~LaTeR~
-Ben

Megalodon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
one of the pet stores by my house has a Grammostola roseafor 39.99 cdn, ill will have to go back and have a closer look, chances are i will pick it up regardless because its a nice looking spider

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
TheHypnoToad said:
one of the pet stores by my house has a Grammostola roseafor 39.99 cdn, ill will have to go back and have a closer look, chances are i will pick it up regardless because its a nice looking spider
That is not a good deal but it is not too bad for a pet store.

Abraxis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
manville said:
That is not a good deal but it is not too bad for a pet store.

Then I really feel bad... I paid $60 Can for my 5" (now 6") Rosea Female... with enclosure and a dozen crickets... but she never ate'em and they all died... (3 month premolt)

I would say that I lived and learned... but then I went to a reptile show and paid $160. Can for a .5" G. pulchra (now 2" and Black as night) and a 2" (now 3") C. fasciatum...

Now I deal exclusively with a dealer (Tarcan Please Stand Up) and have learned my lessons...

Peace Out

Ken

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
woah, 160 for a fasciatum and a pulchra is REALLY expensive for how small you got them for. Good that you know who to go to right now.

Abraxis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
tell me about it... with Martin's prices... I could have gotten 2 of each for what I paid Bruce... but live and learn... :) and I wouldn't trade either of them for anything...

Peace Out

Ken

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Abraxis said:
Then I really feel bad... I paid $60 Can for my 5" (now 6") Rosea Female... with enclosure and a dozen crickets... but she never ate'em and they all died... (3 month premolt)

I would say that I lived and learned... but then I went to a reptile show and paid $160. Can for a .5" G. pulchra (now 2" and Black as night) and a 2" (now 3") C. fasciatum...

Now I deal exclusively with a dealer (Tarcan Please Stand Up) and have learned my lessons...

Peace Out

Ken
Don't feel bad, I paid $375 for a T. blondi that was about 7" from a pet store. it was my second T. Hmmm, what else, $149 for an H. lividum, I have paid some crazy prices at pet stores. Now I will only buy when I spot mistakes like this.
Martin rocks!

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i guess prices vary regionally. congratulations on your deal. i love my B. albopilosum. when you subtract the costs for encloseur, etc, you got a really sweet deal. good luck. i got mine free from vayu son when he had a million slings after a breed loan or something. cute and fat little buggers.

kristin :)