First Egg Sac (Gooty)

goodyt

Arachnosquire

So is this!

-AJ

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 09:23 AM ----------

So, that is my official image of the AM. These are my first EWLs ever! This is Sarah's (a 50/50 done by pairing four of my males with her over the nine months of gestation.) She was estimated to be 5 years old. When Odessa ate her eggsac last week, I quickly grabbed up these eggs (last week) from Sarah because she was close to 21 days with them.

I luckily had makings of a emergency incubator on hand and set it up with a coffee filter, hot glue, and sphagnum moss. A friend of mine who is a breeder helped talk me through pinching the eggsac back up, and gently rotating them. Three days later, we have legs.

There was one black egg that I did carefully remove.

Things are looking good so far.

-AJ

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Way to go -- excited for your upcoming adventures!
Continued good luck and success....

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Best wishes, nice to see more people producing these.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
I'm just glad that it is finally over. I now know how it all works first hand.

-AJ

awiec

Arachnoprince
Well I certainly look forward to buying slings from you later on, seeing as you're probably going to provide almost every seller with these:p

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Well I certainly look forward to buying slings from you later on, seeing as you're probably going to provide almost every seller with these:p
She will sell only if they become overwhelmingly much, so dont count on her providing slings to dealers.

awiec

Arachnoprince
She will sell only if they become overwhelmingly much, so dont count on her providing slings to dealers.
Was a joke Angel, I remember her saying that she wanted 90% of her collection to be blue spiders. Though if everything goes well in a month she is going to have hundreds of extra spiders. Sure that is easy with slings but the whole house is going to be decorated with pokies as they get bigger, which amuses me when I think about it.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
She can make her house some sort of biotope. Different plants everywhere, some non-freaky bugs for food, water sources and let loose all those Pokies.

awiec

Arachnoprince
She can make her house some sort of biotope. Different plants everywhere, some non-freaky bugs for food, water sources and let loose all those Pokies.
would be great until some decide to snuggle with her in bed

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
would be great until some decide to snuggle with her in bed
Haha yes. If only she could teach all of them to behave and sleep in a group bed on the floor. You know, in one of the beds for little dog breeds like chihuahuas, pugs and such. Would be awesome lol

Sana

Arachnoprince
That would be the greatest house ever to walk into, assuming that you knew before you opened the door.

goodyt

Arachnosquire
I will try to show all the storage hacks that I am going to try. There is still time for me to make a few more retrofitted containers for slings and containers with fruit fly food (and grass from Joann's[?]) that have good ventilation and an idea for a viv that costs less than three dollars to make for a beginner communal or two.

No first instars yet. They are 9 days as EWLs and it's been 34 days since their sac was discovered to have been made by Sarah.

-AJ

Last edited: