First Scorption Striped Devil Scorpion Vaejovis spinigeris

philthyxphil

Arachnopeon
So while purchasing feeders at my LPS, I saw a deal that I just could not pass up. A female V spinigeris and over 5 of her babies for only $5. Needless to say, I purchased it and am very excited for my first 6+ scorpions. I still haven't decided on what to do with the babies, they are already starting to fight and eat each other. Very interesting IMO

---------- Post added 09-01-2014 at 03:53 PM ----------

Patcho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
PUBLIC SCORPION ANNOUNCEMENT: It's Paravaejovis spinigerus. Vaejovis/Hoffmanius spinigerus is now Paravaejovis.

That is all. Have a nice day :)

philthyxphil

Arachnopeon
PUBLIC SCORPION ANNOUNCEMENT: It's Paravaejovis spinigerus. Vaejovis/Hoffmanius spinigerus is now Paravaejovis.

That is all. Have a nice day :)
Thank you! I was so confused when I was researching this because I kept seeing different scientific names

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
feed the young ones fruit flies or pinhead crickets/lateralis! Separate them as well, they can be kept together, but cannibalism is always an issue :(

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
If they're eating each other you should separate them or soon you won't have an issue since all but one will be dead.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I always felt these scorpions were kinda heavy set for vaejovis, which are generally long and slim.. didnt know they were reclassed YET again.

Cheyenne Exotics

Arachnopeon
I have mine on a fine sand and a little but of gravel mixture (collected in my backyard in Arizona) and was wondering if this was good enough to burrow in. He has made several entrances under a piece of bark but im not sure he can make successful burrows if given several inches of sand like this

RTTB

Arachnoprince
They are Vaejovis or Hoffmanius to me. I have yet to utilize Paravaejovis until I properly read any reclassification literature.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I keep mine communally but have had cannibalism occur every once in a while despite being well fed. The disposition of them I would describe as ornery. Pretty tough lil s corps with big attitudes.

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
I have mine on a fine sand and a little but of gravel mixture (collected in my backyard in Arizona) and was wondering if this was good enough to burrow in. He has made several entrances under a piece of bark but im not sure he can make successful burrows if given several inches of sand like this
Add a little clay to your sand with a touch of water and mix well, let dry then introduce your scorps back into the tank, they will burrow. Love the species you have, I would like to get some someday.