Funny names for your Ts

cold blood

Staff member
I want the land! Dahmer is my fav

--J.Haas
No you don't, its a really crappy area;)

---------- Post added 09-04-2014 at 07:14 PM ----------

You want an interesting one, look up Denis (Des, as he went by) Neilson. This dude may take the cake...he's from England.

Last edited:

gobey

Arachnoknight
No great ones. I'm unoriginal. I name them after their common names and scientific names already. My Avics name is "Avic". Since that's all I ever call him. My new H. Mac sling was named "Togo" a la Togo Starburst Baboon. I'll name the second H
Mac... "H. Mac" :D

Some of these abbreviations and slings lend for good names. H. Mac is a sweet nickname. I wish I could be H. Mac.

The OBT we had was called "USAMBARA!"

Because that's cool too!

But the rest go unnamed.

Except my G. Porteri. I got her at a rock and roll and horror convention that Dee Snider was at. In fact that's what I went. To meet Dee. And I left with my first Tarantula. Dee Spider.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I've always used strange and elaborate names. I had leucistic leapard gecko one time. Her name was Lizzy D. Liz Ard. Then my california king snake pair... Cleopatra and Anthony... My pug came to me with the name boomer but when I'm in the mood I call him Pugsley Mc Puggerson.....

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
We have
Obt Kyle
GBB Jody
Lp1 miss monster truck
Lp2 chicken
H.mac lint
P. met 1 thing 1
P. met 2 thing 2

Those are the ones that Katie has named. The rest go by scientific name and is followed by a number if we have more than one.

flex

Arachnopeon
B.vagans > JLo (she's got a rump like JLo )
B.albo > itchy (always scratching its butt and making me itchy)
P.Regalis > Regalia (because she is my pride and joy and she is very regal. )

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Mine have a few more obscure names, others came already named, and I thought it would be improper to re-name them:

G. rosea - Itsy (already named)

G. rosea - Lily (already named)

G. pulchra - Bithia

L. parahybana - Evita

1/4 " LP - Forty Five (get it? Little LP? 45 rpm? You'd have to be over 30 to get that one)

P. regalis X 4 (all V names) - Valeria, Victory, Vendetta, and Valkyrie

P. irminia - Tony (as in Tony the Tiger, for all you Frosted Flakes fans). :)

B. albopilosum - Dee Dee (named after a friend)

B. emilia - Duchess Marguerite (or Maggie for short. Named after Stan's late wife & a long lived Emilia of theirs)

GBB - Sprite (as it comes in what? Yes, a green bottle)

P. subfusca HL - Highlander (not a lot of imagination there, I know)

B. vagans - Pepper (after my favourite movie redhead, Pepper Potts of 'Ironman' fame)

G. pulchripes - Leviathan (as it should get to be almost as big as 8.5" Evita)

H. venatoria - Dundee (I thought it was Australian. You'd have to be over 30 to get this one too)

Monkeyock

Arachnopeon
Great thread! My fiancé and I love naming our creatures, and when possible we try to evoke the "attitude" or "personality" (projections one and all, but it's all in good fun). Our 7" mature female P. regalis is named "Kali" after the Hindu god of death...based on one of the most frightening threat poses we ever witnessed. Aside from that we chose to name our Chilean roses after Supreme Court justices so we have Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Sandra Day O'Connor, and Sonia Sotomayor. We cleverly named our E. murinus lady "agent Scully" real creative I know... Our H. vonwirthi is Hanoi Jane. Our Euthalus sp. red is "Chiyo-chan" (any Azumanga Daio fans out there!?!?). But among our most clever names are for our OBT's: we have Obi Wan KenOBT, and O BeaArthur T. But the OG, still my favorite name, is for our first T, an A. metallica male we called "Murderface" after William Murderface Murderface on Metalocalypse. That's all I can think of in spiders, but there are a few more worth sharing. Our vinegaroon is a real zinger: "Clicky Minaj" and we have snakes named "Chevy Chase" and "Rodney Dangerfield" and a tortoise named "Uncle Buck." We are big time nerds.

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
Great thread! My fiancé and I love naming our creatures, and when possible we try to evoke the "attitude" or "personality" (projections one and all, but it's all in good fun). Our 7" mature female P. regalis is named "Kali" after the Hindu god of death...based on one of the most frightening threat poses we ever witnessed. Aside from that we chose to name our Chilean roses after Supreme Court justices so we have Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Sandra Day O'Connor, and Sonia Sotomayor. We cleverly named our E. murinus lady "agent Scully" real creative I know... Our H. vonwirthi is Hanoi Jane. Our Euthalus sp. red is "Chiyo-chan" (any Azumanga Daio fans out there!?!?). But among our most clever names are for our OBT's: we have Obi Wan KenOBT, and O BeaArthur T. But the OG, still my favorite name, is for our first T, an A. metallica male we called "Murderface" after William Murderface Murderface on Metalocalypse. That's all I can think of in spiders, but there are a few more worth sharing. Our vinegaroon is a real zinger: "Clicky Minaj" and we have snakes named "Chevy Chase" and "Rodney Dangerfield" and a tortoise named "Uncle Buck." We are big time nerds.
Haha those are dopppppe!

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 03:35 PM ----------

B.vagans > JLo (she's got a rump like JLo )
B.albo > itchy (always scratching its butt and making me itchy)
P.Regalis > Regalia (because she is my pride and joy and she is very regal. )
My husband and I where cracking up at your video calling "jlo"

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
My B.vagans is called squishy, he molted very soon after I got him and I just thought he looked squishy ^__^

My C.marshalli is named marshall.

My A.versicolor is named blue.

pretty simple names besides my brothers G.rosea Tiberius.

shane4

Arachnopeon
I have one named ash, and a funny one named Nikki, but my weirdest one would have to be bones.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My n.chromatus sling is called Clemsie, after Clementine from The Walking Dead the game, but I tried to make it a more both-gendered name.
I haven't got names for all my ts, (3 Versi siblings are simply named 1,2 and 3 until I know the sexes), But heres the names for my ts theyre not weird buy meh.
N.Chromatus-Clemsie (Unsexed)
A.versicolor- 1,2,3 and a 2 inch suspect male juvenile named Kitana.
AF P.cambridgei- Trinity (After the trinity killer from the TV show Dexter)
P.regalis sub adult female named Mia, just because I like the name. Had her since a second instar.
GBB immature male named Avery, after Tom Avery from The Vampire Diaries.
L.parahybana female named Zelda, after the game Zelda.
B.vagans 4' female named Pandora, because I got her for my birthday along with a pandora bracelet.

ParryOtter

Arachnopeon
G. rosea-- Scarlett
GBB-- Lady Mary
B. smithi-- Alan Smithee
Phormictopus sp. 'Purple'-- Matt
N. chromatus (3)-- Harry, Ron and Hermione (Harry was always the one borrowed in his cupboard under the stairs)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lol on Matt- I love when ppl have everyday names for their pets

--J.Haas

miserykills

Arachnosquire
All of mine are named after horror movie characters or at least related to horror movies. I only have a few right now but I plan on getting a bunch more in October and the names will hopefully follow this trend.
G. rosea/porteri - Pennywise
B. smithi - Elvira
P. cambridgei - Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justrick

Arachnopeon
For my University experiment, my A. hentzi speciments are numbers #1 - #15

For my pets:
A. hentzi = Tammy
Euthalus sp. Red = Hot Cheeto
G. pulchra = Mocha
E. campestratus = Molie