Gender reveal/mystery

KatVonC

Arachnopeon
Hey everybody, I’m curious to know the sex of my scorpions. I found them at work back in October and after recently finding out how long the pregnancy is for a scorpion, it’s made me curious to know if I have a potential to the two mating or if they’re the same sex.
also I’ve seen some other pictures on here of the undersides of scorpions and they seem so clean whereas mine seem dirty, and one of them only has one ‘feeler’ on their underside, as well as more recently noticed it’s missing the last segment(tiny claw)of one of its front arm/legs

Attachments

MorbidArachnid

Arachnopeon
What species is this? It would help a lot with sexing. Also from this pic and you saying part of it's tarsi is missing, it looks like your scorpion has mycosis. The black along the border of the pectins and on that leg joint are a type of fungus that attacks the cuticle and is often fatal. Make sure you keep the substrate dry! Too much contact with moist substrate causes this, and while there's no cure drying out your enclosure can keep it from getting worse.

KatVonC

Arachnopeon
They’re Arizona desert hairy scorpions. These are pictures of the one that’s missing the whole one side.. the picture in my original post is the whole that has both sides

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
They’re Arizona desert hairy scorpions. These are pictures of the one that’s missing the whole one side.. the picture in my original post is the whole that has both sides
They are obligate burrowers that require several inches of a 70 / 30 mix of sand / excavator clay for tunneling.

MorbidArachnid

Arachnopeon
I also wouldn't recommend keeping them together, they're highly cannibalistic.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I also wouldn't recommend keeping them together, they're highly cannibalistic.
True enough.

There's a documentary somewhere on YouTube that demonstrates how they are extremely adept at scorpion hunting.

They will eat almost anything that wanders across their path but the way in which they lure scorpions in is its own league.