Genus Holothele

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
Vogelspinnen said:
Hi All, Just did a trade with finman31 for this Tarantula represented as Holothele sp Columbia. Its abdomen is bald and pretty funky looking - I've never seen a Tarantula missing 90% of its hair.

I'd appreciate help with ideas as to which Holothele species it may be.

All The Best, Gabe
Bro can you get me a closer shot of the abdomen that looks a lot like a fungal infection i saw a few yrs back on a hap.A tight shot of the posterior region of the abdomen and the pedicel would be helpful.But regardless thats not a T that should have been sold,traded,or whatever.

Last edited:

Vogelspinnen

Arachnosquire
@ Goterps

@ DR zuum

I agree it's pretty beat up looking and wasn't doing too well when it got here today. I'm just now realizing the abdomen has black blotches - DR zuum I agree it does look like it could be a fungal infection. I moved it to an isolated area away from my spider room. I'll get better pics of its abdomen tomorrow.

All The Best, Gabe

Last edited:

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Gabe,

hey, is it a mature male? I have a mature male B. angustum whose abdomen is really bald and he has some spots like that on it...he is also losing his hair on his legs too. I was guessing that it is just a product of getting really old...if it is a mature male, that would be my guess.

Chris

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Vogelspinnen said:
Hi All, Just did a trade for this Tarantula represented as Holothele sp Columbia. Its abdomen is bald and pretty funky looking - I've never seen a Tarantula missing 90% of its hair.

I'd appreciate help with ideas as to which Holothele species it may be.

All The Best, Gabe
WTH he looks like hes been rolled aroung in a fire

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi,

a bit more healthy spider...

* 0.1 Holothele incei (F. O. P.-Cambridge, 1898)

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

Congratulations! :worship: This is one of my favourite spider. Its colouraTION IS EXCELLENT. How big is it ?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Holothele incei

I love breeding this spiecies. They don't waste anytime, right to the point.:cool: Male on loan from KJE.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
13 days later and this female has a eggsac already:eek: . I cant believe it. She most likley made this sac a few days ago, egg laying prob was 10-11 days after breeding. How cool !:cool:

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Philth said:
13 days later and this female has a eggsac already:eek: . I cant believe it. She most likley made this sac a few days ago, egg laying prob was 10-11 days after breeding. How cool !:cool:
Dude that's awesome! Congrats :D

Is it the small one that was at the store?

edit.. nevermind she don't look small :eek:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats Tom!

I just opened up an H. incei eggsac this morning :)

Eric

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cute slings:) I need about 5 for a communal project. Let me know if you are selling.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How many days did you wait to open the sac? They are so cute!

Andros666

Arachnopeon
GoTerps, hmmm, why do you have above 70 (?) when I`ve got only 14 :-( In Poland we all have small cocoons.
waldo, I`ve got 5 in group, from my cocoon, nice view

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Andros666,
GoTerps, hmmm, why do you have above 70 (?) when I`ve got only 14 :-( In Poland we all have small cocoons
Eggsacs break 100 quite frequently. And females often double clutch.

Hi KJE,
How many days did you wait to open the sac?
Don't know when the eggsac was laid, so I can't tell. Females typically lay the eggsac within 3-weeks after mating. Spiderlings often emerge around 1-month later... ready to eat!

Eric