Golden Wishbone wrapped in web

troykee

Arachnopeon
Hey friends,

I’ve got a new Golden Wishbone (Juvenile and still very young).

I checked this morning and he seems to have wrapped himself in his own web from his little plastic plant and looks dead. Just wanted to check if he is molting (typical signs like on his back) or potentially dead?

I can try post a photo later on but hard to capture it since he is still small.

Let me know what you all think. Thank you :)

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
Death curl is pretty specific. Their legs curl together because if a lack of pressure. Many spiders molt on their backs so that's possible. It's been awhile since you posted this so if he hasn't molted yet there might be cause for concern. As usual, can't say much without pics.

troykee

Arachnopeon
I saw another post on Arachnoboards that is a similar situation to mine here (my photo it's harder to see but similar to the other photo I attached). He is a Golden wishbone spider (Proshermacha sp. Williamstown). I'm a neurotic spider dad I guess :lol:

Attachments

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
If the legs are spread out like in the first pic your spider is fine. Upon a quick google it looks like Proshermacha species are fossorial or terrestrial. Lil bro is probably gonna be spending a lot of time burrowed or hidden away. It can be a bit stressful when you can't really see them for longer periods but you'll get used to it lol. No shame in being worried about your pets it means you care about them 😎👍

troykee

Arachnopeon
Perfect, legend @goofyGoober99! Haha yes, I'm learning more and more about each species habits everyday but good to check to verify. Thanks for always helping me. Turns out, he is now out of it and munching food! :lol: