gooty saphire ornamental review..

gobey

Arachnoknight
/\
Thanks for the answer Poec! I pretty much plan on treating all my OW species just as you described. And my room is littered with catch cups now too. I also keep the lid open either only a crack, or ready to be popped back on. None of my OW arboreals are big enough for side opening cages and the like yet.

There's too many stupid people that think they need to show off keeping "the most potent tarantula" and that has lead to multiple bites, lots of bad media about them, ER visits, health insurance bills aso. Count all of that together and you have the reason. Personally, in the end in all comes down to keepers doing irresponsible things keeping the genus and/or underestimating them. Hence, certain cities or even parts of EU countries banned them from being kept. The only stupid thing about that is the fact that H. macs, S. cals or whatnot can be kept in those regions without problems mostly. Why? Because they didn't receive as much bad media aso as Poecies did. It's a very-much liked genus of tarantulas, let's be honest: Their markings are striking! And while I personally don't regard them as "the most beautiful", tons of people do. So more people get them and voila ...recipe for desaster.

Hence I can only say: If you keep Poecies - be freaking responsible, please! For the good of the hobby and all other keepers in it!
This makes no sense. Especially since I think H. macs look even prettier than poecs (aside from metallicas). I got some poecs really to see what the fuss was about. I liked that the regalis was another ghostly looking T and the yellow under markings are cool. But it's their behavior that intrigued me. H. macs may be prettier but I've been warned I may never see mine. Although my larger one is proving that warning wrong.

But I can't imagine the need to bother these animals to get any reaction out of them. I'd NEVER want to see a threat display from any of my Ts. ESPECIALLY the OWs. I like them for their unique looks and behavior. How they are almost an entirely different world than the NW terrestrials I have.

The Avic I have is a cool little guy. But I really have no desire for more. Maybe when he/she dies I'll get an Avic sp. metallica. Just to have my one obligatory Avic. But none of the other NW arboreals interest me. Psalmos and taps just don't do it for me. P. irmina (sp?) looks pretty. But I don't find the genus interesting.

Baboons and Poecs however are fascinating. I just have to see how raising the ones I have now goes before I even entertain getting any more.

So sorry P. metallica..... You'll have to be a T for years down the road.