Guess who went shopping today......

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
after what seemed like a year of just looking around in Megapets, i finally got this beut:

P. Cancerides, BTW.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
all 3 pics have him/her in the same position, since it was chowing down on a cricket. quite the ravenous hunter; caught the cricket the second it landed on the substrate! {D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
you bought a good T! i have 4 and i love em alll tooooooo deathhh!!!! very aggressive feeders! Mine will eat almost anything i put in its tank..

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, i put a lot of thought into choosing this species (i have to, since i both have to clear it past my severely arachnophobic mom and sneak it past my even more arachnophobic sister who screams for her life at a midge). this once is especially feisty; the cricket barely even hit the ground when it got double-impaled!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
haha i feel very lucky, no one in my family is bothered by my Ts..:)

ISNT IT JUST SOO AWESOME!? its like they are psychic or something

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my purpurea is such a camera hog....i couldn't help but give it some limelight in the photo session as well. however, it's size once again thwarted efforts to get a good pic. it's still a good shot of the web, though.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you know, it's wierd; when i first put my cancerides in the tank, i thought there would be a bit of a fasting period due to the stress of transportation. after about 3 minutes, i just suddenly thought "put a cricket into the tank". lo and behold, my empty-stomached T was waiting for me to do so.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well arent you lucky to have an a.purpea!!!! im jealous! whats the size??

haha good thinking, i usually feed my Ts right away as well..

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
jealous of little old me :D? it's around 1", and i believe in premolt as well.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
let's see, i began posting about it the same day i got it, so....2 months, 12 days.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sadly, no. but it's refusing crickets and has a bulbous abdomen, and those are signs of an upcoming molt (hopefully soon). it has a full patch of hair so i can't do the darkened blad spot test though.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well those really do seem like signs, and since its only 1" and you had it for over 2 months it should be molting soon, i say this because usually slings that big, molt about every 2 months, so good luck and get some pics when it does! im currently waiting for my 2" GBB to molt!

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Molitor said:
after what seemed like a year of just looking around in Megapets, i finally got this beut:

P. Cancerides, BTW.
Congrats dude! It looks very cool. How big is it now? :clap: :clap:

Megapets rocks, all in NY know this and Tom is the man. :D :worship:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not to sure of the size, i'll have to measure later. if i can get it out of the burrow it made next to the pudding cup cave, that is (it thinks it's a trapdoor! {D)

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dropped another cricket in, and it popped out of the burrow, grabbed it, and popped back in. all it needs is a door!

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congratulations on doubling the size of your collection! I was in megapets for the first time a couple of weeks ago and had so much fun. That was a good choice, they complement each other well.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks, i think so too. especially since the cancerides is bold and agressive, and the purpurea is shy and is afraid of crickets larger than rediculously small pinheads.

jwasted

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on your new T. I hope you enjoy it like I do all of mine :)