Harpactira Pulchripes breeding concerns

zizz

Arachnopeon
Hi guys I’ve got some concerns about breeding Harpactira Pulchripes.

Firstly during the breeding does the female have high chance to die?
What else should I be focus on, like any tips during and after the process? Also lastly when eggsacks’ finally produced, what recommended humidity should be kept roughly?
Thanks so much for reading

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Typically the males get eaten, not the females because females are larger. I have a suspect male H pulchripes sling. I worry about what happens when he matures !!

cold blood

Staff member
There is always a chance...but odds are in his favor....most MMs of most species survive....generally faster high strung ones tend to pair easiest and with the least agression. I would say easily over 85% of males i pair die of old age, not from being munched by a female. My understanding is that H. pulchripes pair pretty easily.

zizz

Arachnopeon
Typically the males get eaten, not the females because females are larger. I have a suspect male H pulchripes sling. I worry about what happens when he matures !!
yeah I just worried about lost my pair...thanks for the info buddy

There is always a chance...but odds are in his favor....most MMs of most species survive....generally faster high strung ones tend to pair easiest and with the least agression. I would say easily over 85% of males i pair die of old age, not from being munched by a female. My understanding is that H. pulchripes pair pretty easily.
That’s a relief, i’ll Defo try to pair them and hopefully they’ll be fine

Last edited by a moderator:

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
My concern is only that you contact me when you have them produce a sack so I can get one of them in my collection. :p

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
Wow...I’ve just checked on TSS and the price is 35 Pounds for 1-2 cm sling
Yes, well I believe they are a relatively new species in the US which would drive up prices. I've read of people buying unsexed slings for 250 when they were first bred here.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
I'm in the US and I just bought a .75 in. for $85. I've seen them going for $65 recently as well.
I'm seeing them go for like $125-150. If you know of somewhere with prices closer to yours maybe you could shoot me a message. If not I'm attending my first expo next month so I'll try to hunt one down :p.

zizz

Arachnopeon
Yes, well I believe they are a relatively new species in the US which would drive up prices. I've read of people buying unsexed slings for 250 when they were first bred here.
Let’s hope more ppl gonna start breeding this beautiful sp and hopefully the price gonna drop by then

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I don't have this species yet, but i think all harpactira Sp. could be fairly easy to breed, it only took my Harpactira dictator a few minutes to breed and my male was very skittish, but he got the job done immediately (egg sac pending)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't have this species yet, but i think all harpactira Sp. could be fairly easy to breed, it only took my Harpactira dictator a few minutes to breed and my male was very skittish, but he got the job done immediately (egg sac pending)
Yes, they are nothing transcendental. Breeding a C.cyaneopubescens is by far more harder than H.pulchripes. There's a couple of breedings here in Italy going on, btw, of that specie, prices would be reasonable etc still I highly doubt that I would purchase one.

I'm not 'under' the H.pulchripes 'spell' at all :angelic:

Oh, and good luck, 'Dhalsim', for your breeding project :)

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
They're a great species, worth every penny in my opinion. They aren't picky eaters either and both sexes show colors early. Both sexes have the same colors so you don't have a 50\50 chance of getting a drab tarantula.

H pulchripes what sex 1.jpg Hybris hanging out 2.jpg H pulchripes hybris molt 2-10-18 1.jpg

Here's some pics. They are still somewhat pricey & more breeding is sorely needed. Since the slings are worth $80 to $90 unsexed once they get to one inch, you'll make a ton of money.

They're a great 2nd terrestrial T or a wonderful choice for ones first OW.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
I have a pair but this is my first time trying to breed tarantulas. Any tips on this species? I was told to raise the temp to 85-86 and add humidity. Other then that I've heard nothing else. Any more info would be great!

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Watch breeding videos of them on YouTube and listen to what they say. After watching 2 or 3 dozen or so, you'll have a sense of what to do.

Breeding these is important to the hobby, lots of demand.